• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can I use different libraries at once w/GigaStudio3, if they are GigaStudio compat.?

Share/Bookmark

Can I use different libraries at once w/GigaStudio3, if they are GigaStudio compat.?

Hi,

I'm a composer, new to music tech.; but, if you could answer this basic question, I'd very much appreciate it:

I'm going to purchase the Veinna Symphonic Opus 1 & 2 Bundle and will be using GigaStudio3 Orchestral as the sampler; GigaStudio3 comes with some sounds that I will want to use, in addition to the Opus 1 & 2 bundle, and I would also like to get a separate harpsichord sound library that is listed as being compatable with GigaStudio.

Can I, SIMULTANEOUSLY, draw sounds from the Opus 1 & 2 bundle, the GigaStudio3 Orchestral, and another software which is designed for use with GigaStudio?

Or can I only (at least?) run the Opus 1 & 2 and GigaStudio orchestral sounds together?

Please, let me know. Thank you very much,

SC

Re: Can I use different libraries at once w/GigaStudio3, if they are GigaStudio compa

You can mix and match Giga libs to your heart's content. You can also mix GS3 libs with GS2 libs, no problem.

The only limitation in this regard is the total number of samples you can load. Get at least 1GB of RAM, if not 2 GB. I'm content with 1 GB, but I only load the stuff I need as I go along. If you are a "template person" who likes to load things for the ready, get 2 GB, and know that you still can't load an infinite number of samples.

Fortunately, GS3 loads samples *very* quickly, so I just load as I go...

-JF

Re: Can I use different libraries at once w/GigaStudio3, if they are GigaStudio compat.?

If you intend to use the Performance elements of VSL then you really need 2Gb RAM. You'll be so disappointed with the amount of instruments that you can load otherwise.

D

Re: Can I use different libraries at once w/GigaStudio3, if they are GigaStudio compat.?

I aggree.
    I use GS3 orchestra on two different PCs, one with 1 GB RAM. One with 2 GB RAM.
    Bigger scores - using VSL PRO - I cannot play on the machine with less RAM.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Go Back to forum