• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Strad, Shesa cutting outa!

Share/Bookmark

Question The Strad, Shesa cutting outa!

I would venture to say I am the only one here with this problem so maybe I can get a ton of suggestions?
    Finally received my expression pedal today and fired up K2 loaded the strad. It's cutting out then poping back in, cutting out then back. Finally, it just quits playing altogether.
    I gave it more Buffrin a glass of water and said call me in the morning. Shesa still gotta no sound!
    No biggie, just thought I would ask.
    Styxx

Re: The Strad, Shesa cutting outa!

You know what, I just remembered something. I was going to download the K2 updates but haven't and probably won't be able to because of their size. First off, on dial up it will take around 3 hours or more and secondly, I am running out of HD space. So, I figure maybe that is the problem. Eh, another day another dollar.
    Styxx

Styxx, did you try first with the 1.07 update? It is only 70.5 kB !

Giorgio

Hi Styxx,

just a thought - Are you sure the Expression pedal is actually a continuous 10k ohm potentiometer? Your comment about "cutting out and back" makes me wonder if the pedal is not just a on/off switch rather than a continuous controller.

As for downloading large K2 updates I'd be glad to do that and send it to you on a CD-ROM or/DVD

Fred
    Last edited by fred Holmes; 03-31-2006 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Left out question mark

Yeah Fred it's a brand new M-Audio expression pedal and it is working properly. The problem seems to be more dominant when I add vibrato using the joystick on the Edirol OR if I try to do double stops. Also, Gary was on the phone with me whilst I playith and he commented, "Something didn't sound right." Come to think of it, it really sounds more like a thin twangy bowed guitar string with a synth overtone than a violin. Something is just not right. Maybe uninstalling the strad and re-installing?
    Styxx

Hi Styxx,

before reinstall I'd try to eliminate all external hardware issues.

Here's what I just did in SONAR 5.1pe
    1 Start new project (Stradtest)
    2 In synth rack insert K2 and load Stradavari
    3 In K2's midi input channel place a series of long notes (several whole note for example) somewhere within the Strads range (I used c5)
    Draw in a control curve of C-11 (expression ) going from 0 to 127 to 0 within the time of the note.
    Play back and you should hear the Strad change volumn and timbre (expression)

If that's OK then the problem probably resides in your hardware
    If you don't hear any changes then it's most probably a software issue

Fred

I would definitely install the K2 updates ASAP.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio Tommasini
    Styxx, did you try first with the 1.07 update? It is only 70.5 kB !

Giorgio
    I didn't relize there was another. I shall go up and download. Shouldn't take more than half a days ride out to the north forty. I'll post of any differences.
    Styxx

Oh boy, there are two updates. One is over 22 megs and the other is over 18 megs. I started to download the 2.01 update of 18. some odd megs and the time indication was 1 hour-20 minutes and 18 seconds. I called tech support and asked if I could have the updates sent to me. Fat chance.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum