• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Perfect Musician's Laptop ?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up The Perfect Musician's Laptop ?

Until this week I didn't know they made laptops this powerful. Pentium4, 3.8 GHz, 4GB of RAM, dual hard drives, SATA, built in bluetooth and wifi, powerful video and audio cards, etc. This will outperform many desktop workstations. 4 times the RAM of my Toshiba Satellite laptop.

Wow.

But I suppose it's reasonable to expect some WOW for $6,000.

Trond

(go to alienware.com and check out the high end laptop)

Re: The Perfect Musician's Laptop ?

Yeah, I've seen this but I caution using the word "Perfect" for anything of this nature.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    But I suppose it's reasonable to expect some WOW for $6,000.
    Reminds me of one of our faculty whose good experiences with computers ended just a month after it began... I'm not sure when this happened, but as an advancd student, this person bought one of the first available laptops... it cost him $5000. He was pleased as punch. The fun ended a month later when he opened the very full trunk of his car to see the laptop slip out and break into a million pieces on the floor. It wasn't insured. I hope this Alienware one has an indestructable casing.

R.

Unfortunately, it will burn a hole through your desk.

Looking at the other configurations, they seem to be prices about the same as DELL, and they all use same components.

HP also has desktop hole burners as well and prolly cheaper too...
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Talking Re: The Perfect Musician's Laptop ?

Wait a minute it reads, "The PERFECT MUSICIAN'S laptop?" You fall under that class, right?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Wait a minute it reads, "The PERFECT MUSICIAN'S laptop?" You fall under that class, right?
    In that case we ALL need one!

MsP

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Unfortunately I havent ever been arrested or destroyed any hotel rooms so I dont think I qualify. I'm really gonna have to work on that.

Wait until the Centrino dual core models come out. These smoke the current processors. Saw a demo just a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe how many apps were running without the machine breaking a sweat!

Jim

Styxx, you have an amazing gift. :-) I hadn't considered the ambiguity that you so cleverly exploited.

'Hole burner' - interesting. That must be why it has 4 fans on the bottom.

Haydn, when do the dual processor units come out?

This is a really helpful forum. You guys have accused meof being something less than a perfect musician, you've told me that my brand new $6,000 (with extras) laptop is already an outdated weakling, and that it will burn holes through whatever it's sitting on. Where else can one go for friendly, informed and constructive help like this? :-)

Trond

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    This is a really helpful forum. You guys have accused meof being something less than a perfect musician, you've told me that my brand new $6,000 (with extras) laptop is already an outdated weakling, and that it will burn holes through whatever it's sitting on. Where else can one go for friendly, informed and constructive help like this? :-)Trond
    Only here can you get help like this . Must have something to do with that closet of yours

Go Back to forum