• Register
  • Help

Topic: SB Live and computer noises

Share/Bookmark

SB Live and computer noises

I\'m getting computer-related noises like hard disk drives whirring through my SB Live Value. Does anyone know of a way tostop this happening?

Secondly, is it possible to record the GS output to an MP3 file along with my other synths, etc?

Re: SB Live and computer noises

Try moving the SB Live! to another PCI slot. Also, do your best to see to it that no devices are sharing IRQ\'s. This noise is generally caused by data moving through the PCI bus. The SB Live! can sometimes interpret that as audio data and noise ensues. One last thing to try: Download the very latest drivers from the Creative site for your SB Live!

Sometimes this noise is also caused by your video card. Try to make sure there\'s no screen activity when you are recording and that should help a bit. You can also try turning off hardware acceleration for your video... but that\'s really ugly. Still, it may help for those times when you are trying to do a master recording.

As far as mixing GS with other synths and making an MP3: Yes, you can do this, but you need more software. I recommend Cakewalk ProAudio 9.x although I\'m sure LogicAudio and Cubase are up to the task.

Peace,
    Tim http://www.elithic.com

Re: SB Live and computer noises

Thanks for that. I have Logic Audio version 3.5. If I use a program such as MusicMatch Jukebox, how can I tell it to record from not just one source so that I can mix the sounds from the GS and the line-in jack?

[This message has been edited by Bespoke (edited 05-12-2000).]

Go Back to forum