• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 + SB Live = problems

Share/Bookmark

Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 + SB Live = problems

I own an Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 for about 2 months now. From day 1, I had the following problem: after a random time (between 3 minutes - 3 hours), the Aardvark mixer seems to loose contact with the card, so VU display stops, all sliders stop working (they still \'slide\' but nothing happens), and programs can no longer use the Out- or In-devices.

After a long time of checking things and re-installing, I discovered this problem only occurs if I have the SBlive drivers installed. I need the SBlive for Gigasampler (until Gigastudio is released).

Does anyone has the same experience, or even a solution? Aardvark support tells me they will investigate, but their response is not really fast (to put it mildly).

Thanks,
    Remko

Re: Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96 + SB Live = problems

I have the Direct Pro 24/96 which I use with the Creative Labs AWE 64G. I have not had any conflicts between those, so I\'m not much help there. You mentioned about needing the SBlive until Gigastudio is released. Does that mean you understand that Gigastudio will have support for the Direct Pro? I have been waiting and waiting for Aardvark or Nemesys to provide the Direct Pro drivers. Have you heard anything specific about it?

(on the risk of changing the subject of this thread
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Bircher:
    ...Does that mean you understand that Gigastudio will have support for the Direct Pro? I have been waiting and waiting for Aardvark or Nemesys to provide the Direct Pro drivers. Have you heard anything specific about it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is my conversation with Nemesys:
    Subject: Re: NemeSys General Question/Comment Form

Remko:

GigaStudio will work with DirectPro 24/96.

Best,
    NemeSys Music Technology

> Question = Hi,
    >
    > could you please confirm that the new GigaStudio works with the Aardvark
    Direct Pro 24/96? At least, that\'s what Aardvark promised me. I currently
    own Gigasampler, which (as you know) doesn\'t work with this card.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Remko Wallach

What a bunch of goof balls at ardvark.
    When the 24/96 pro first came out I called ardvark and they said that they already had out the gsif giga sampler drivers for it [this was someone in the tech department.
    At that point I had planed on getting that model until I saw all the people on this post complaining about them .
    So I ended up getting the Echo Darla 24 ,and it works fine . Im not sure whats wrong with those people over at ardvark, but Im atleast one sale that they lost .It really doesn\'t pay to lie to your customers ,because word of mouth speading a bad rep can be very powerful.

I have had good luck with an SBLive and the Direct Pro 24/96 together. I have installed the pair in a 450 PIII machine and a Compaq model 3550.

Try adjusting the IO port setting on the SBLive to any other value - this may eliminate the conflict.

I look forward to the new Direct Pro driver with the release of Gigastudio. There has been some confussion regarding whose court the ball was in. I don\'t believe that there was any deliberate attempt to misrepresent the facts by either Aardvark or Nemesys.

The Direct Pro is a fanastic product IMHO.

Joe Hardy

For Doug Bircher above--

I believe Remko above refers to the SBLive as being necessary until GigaStudio arrives because he needs the extra MIDI channels.

Go Back to forum