I\'m looking at getting a new sound card to use with GigaSampler. Is anyone using the Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI card? If so, do you like it?
I\'m looking for a very simple sound card that give me the low latency for Gigasampler. I don\'t need all the bells and whistles some cards have. I used to see DirectSound cards listed on Nemesys\'s web site, now they only list the GSIF cards. Maybe I just don\'t see the other ones anymore.
I was just about to order one when the salesman pointed out that. although the DiO has both digital and analog output, it has only got digital input.
I suppose if you only sample digital sources, it\'s no prob.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Ok, never mind about your comments for the WaveCenter/PCI card. I just found out I need an external converter to hear this thing using an analog mixer.
I\'m considering this card using the following configuration:
- one system (EVENTUALLY dedicated system for GStudio)
- running Cubase VST/24 3.7r2 (soon Cubase VST/32 5.0)
- MOTU 2408 for Cubase
- WaveCenter/PCI for GStudio
- I would use ADAT optical I/O from WaveCenter to connect to the MOTU 2408
- MOTU 2408 is connected to Behringer Eurodesk MX3282A for monitoring (I plan to EVENTUALLY upgrade to a digital mixer)