• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI?

I\'m looking at getting a new sound card to use with GigaSampler. Is anyone using the Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI card? If so, do you like it?

I\'m looking for a very simple sound card that give me the low latency for Gigasampler. I don\'t need all the bells and whistles some cards have. I used to see DirectSound cards listed on Nemesys\'s web site, now they only list the GSIF cards. Maybe I just don\'t see the other ones anymore.

Thanks.
    Ron

Re: Anyone using Frontier Design WaveCenter/PCI?

Ok, never mind about your comments for the WaveCenter/PCI card. I just found out I need an external converter to hear this thing using an analog mixer.

So, my other choice is the Midiman Delta DIO 2496 card. Any good or bad comments about this one?

Thanks,
    Ron

Hey Ron,
    I was just about to order one when the salesman pointed out that. although the DiO has both digital and analog output, it has only got digital input.
    I suppose if you only sample digital sources, it\'s no prob.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Ok, never mind about your comments for the WaveCenter/PCI card. I just found out I need an external converter to hear this thing using an analog mixer.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron,

I\'m considering this card using the following configuration:
    - one system (EVENTUALLY dedicated system for GStudio)
    - running Cubase VST/24 3.7r2 (soon Cubase VST/32 5.0)
    - MOTU 2408 for Cubase
    - WaveCenter/PCI for GStudio
    - I would use ADAT optical I/O from WaveCenter to connect to the MOTU 2408
    - MOTU 2408 is connected to Behringer Eurodesk MX3282A for monitoring (I plan to EVENTUALLY upgrade to a digital mixer)

Any ideas if this will work?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Go Back to forum