• Register
  • Help

Topic: Texas Professor Advocates Human Extermination

Share/Bookmark

Texas Professor Advocates Human Extermination

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Dr Eric R. Pianks recently gave a speech to the Texas Academy Of Science advocating the extermination of 90% of all humans by the use of airborne ebola. He received a standing ovation from the few hundred scientists in attendance.

What a brilliant mind! Who would of thought of it.

http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_...e1p/index.html

Re: Texas Professor Advocates Human Extermination

I did! Often!

Honestly, aren't there many people out there who think that the best solution to save this planet would be to remove all human beings once and for all? There was even a poem about that by some famous writer, whose name I can't remember right now. It ended with something like "... and finally, for the first time in the history of mankind, there was peace."

Many people, many opinions...
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Any chance they were getting a jump on April Fools with this post?

Peace through War!

Life trough Death!

Freedom through Opression!

BTW, have you seen V for Vendetta? The Count of Monte Cristo meets 1984!

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    =
    BTW, have you seen V for Vendetta? The Count of Monte Cristo meets 1984!

-JF
    Haven't seen a movie in a long time, but this one looks cool. I plan on seeing it.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Haven't seen a movie in a long time, but this one looks cool. I plan on seeing it.
    Have you read "The Count of Monte Cristo"? I did a few years ago.

To be honest I didn't like it much. The Count is wrongly imprissoned and hones his taste for vengeance - and his skills - during those years. He comes into wealth. He then proceeds to do the impossible, while setting up his enemies to do themselves in.

I don't worship vengeance, and the idea of a guy who shows up everywhere on the strike of the clock with the ability to work miracles behind the scenes struck me as so much ego. The book's saving grace is that he used the weaknesses of others as the tools of his vengeance. His victims put the ropes around their own necks.

As to 1984, who needs to read it? We're living through aspects of it. Clean Skies and Healthy Forests anyone?

"V" puts these stories together effectively. And it leaves enough questions in the mind to entertain for hours after you've left the theater.

If it has one weak point, compared to "The Count", it's that V executes directly, rather than through setups. V could have been a bit more clever, but it would have been a much longer movie.

Fortunately, having read "The Count of Monte Cristo", I was able to suspend my disbelief at his behind the scenes abilities, giving the author license for literary reference.

Oh, and did I miss Phantom of the Opera? Add that to the mix as well.

I plan to see it again. And buy the DVD. The graphic novel would be cool too.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Oh, and did I miss Phantom of the Opera? Add that to the mix as well.

I plan to see it again. And buy the DVD. The graphic novel would be cool too.

-JF
    I saw the Phantom in Detroit many years ago. I saw the movie when it came out and it was very disappointing to me because I wasn't impressed with the singing in the movie.

The singing is "lacking" in V for Vendetta as well. It's a very poor excuse for a musical.

-JF

I did not like V for Vendetta... it was entertaining to watch, but it certainly didn't leave me with entertaining questions to lull over. The character of V was extremely annoying as he did not have a believable personality. Natalie Portman did not come across as believable either. Overall it was too unoriginal and predictable, and the portrayal of the mean evil government was silly at best.

That's the Hannifin Review...

P.S. However, the use of Beethoven was nice.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum