• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Orchestration Challenge 7

Share/Bookmark

Orchestration Challenge 7

Wow, we're on the 7th round! That's awesome!

Here 'tis, the theme:

And here's a midi file of the theme : http://www.wizardwalk.com/Orchestrat...Challenge7.mid

Hope you like it... it's nice and tonal.

Entries can be emailed to me at seanthebest@gmail.com

EDIT: The challenge archive has been updated with results from the last challenge and such. You can still go there for a review of the 'rules' : http://www.wizardwalk.com/OrchestrationChallenges/

How does May 7th sound as a deadline?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Orchestration Challenge 7

I propose to do mine with a tuba choir.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin

How does May 7th sound as a deadline?
    Could we have it later for example 24th of May?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

YAY!!!
    Tonal!!!
    Thanks!!!
    I'll see what I can whip up. Sounds like fun!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Could we have it later for example 24th of May?
    That's certainly fine with me!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    That's certainly fine with me!
    I agree...although we have "traditionally" allowed around 4 weeks (does six rounds constitute a tradition?), we now have two other "challenges" (SkySaw's and the Group Variation Challenge) that will hopefully continue into the future. More time would allow those who are interested to participate in all of them.

Nice theme, Sean!

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

The challange rules say that it must use mostly GPO.
    I recently got GS3 and with it the VSL Gigasymphony, which has great brass. Would y'all mind if I used the Gigasymphony brass instead of GPO? I wouldn't mind using GPO at all, it's just that all of my orchestral templates use the Gigasymphony brass and I'm kinda lazy so unless it was a general preference around here I would leave the templates as they are.

Thanks
    -Texas

EDIT: I didn't realize I signed -Texas instead of -Chris... oh well.
    OK, so the answer to this question just hit me in the face last night in my thinking spot (the shower). I'll just use GPO brass because then it's more anonomus and this is the GPO challanges anyway. Besides, part of this is how well you use GPO, isn't it? Well, if it isn't, oh well, I'll use GPO brass anyway.

This is a neat little melody that offers some real directions to move. Can you enter more than Once? Oh well, I will make do with my one entry. When is the deadline?

I think I'm gonna enter this one. But at the rate it takes me to make music, I think the deadline will have to be pushed back awhile (How does 6th of November sound? Not well for me, I'll be only half done because of how lazy I am). For example, the deadline of Generations was supposed to be about 4 months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    This is a neat little melody that offers some real directions to move. Can you enter more than Once? Oh well, I will make do with my one entry. When is the deadline?
    The deadline is currently May 24 per falcon's suggestion... if we get closer to the date and there are still a bunch of people who wish to enter we can of course extend it even longer. (Though my personal opinion is that November is a wee bit too far away. )

Um... actually I don't know if you can enter more than once... I don't think that's ever been asked before. In all the other rounds, participants have only submitted one entry, but it's really up to the general consensus of those who hope to participate (as are all the "rules" for these challenges).
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Go Back to forum