• Register
  • Help

Topic: Flutes vs Other Wind Instr CC1

Share/Bookmark

Flutes vs Other Wind Instr CC1

I'm setting up a template file in Sonar 5. I have five instances of JABB ... one each for Saxes, Trumpets, Trombones, Flutes, and Clarinets. I entered a CC1=100 at the start of each track, and when I start the sequencer, I'm able to play or record the various instruments. If I am just learning a part or auditioning my various instruments, I am at least able to hear them due to the statically imbedded CC1=100 ... all very predictable (I then ride the Mod wheel for actual recordings).

My problem is when I stop the sequencer; the CC1=100 message isn't remembered, and all JABB instruments are apparently re-set to CC1 = 0. This prevents me from auditioning the various tracks, clicking on a note in Piano Roll view and hearing it, or clicking a virtual key in that view to hear the notes. If I start the sequencer, all is audible again.

EXCEPT JABB instance No.4, the flutes! These I can hear, at a lesser level than when the sequencer is running, but at least I can freely select between the four tracks (Flute1, Picc, Flute 2, Alto Flute) using this JABB-4 and hear the sounds whether the sequencer is running or not.

Is this normal, and is it possible to do this with the non-flute winds? I substituted a Bass Sax for the Alto Flute, and same thing, the Sax only sounds while the sequencer is running.

Thanks for any insights; and up-front appologies if this too close to other User's CC1 volume problems!

Re: Flutes vs Other Wind Instr CC1

Go to the Sonar "Options" menu, Project Options, MIDI Out tab, Other Options. Uncheck the "Zero Contollers When Play Stops." That should solve your problem.

Tom

Re: Flutes vs Other Wind Instr CC1

Tom,

Bingo! Not only did you solve my JABB problem, but if also fixed my GigaStudio headache of the key-switched settings always reverting back to the default settings when the sequencer was stopped. MIDI-101 I suppose.
    Thanks for your prompt solution!

Frank D

Go Back to forum