• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two Part Harpsi Something

Share/Bookmark

Two Part Harpsi Something

There has been some discussion about harpsichord on the Sibelius site, so I tossed this out for comment concerning suitablility for harpsichord, there and here.

Two Part Harpsi Something
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=84573

This is the same as

Two Part Something
    http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...?scoreid=83612

except that it is tranposed to fit the range of a harpsichord, and the mp3 is GPO harpsichord.

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. The mp3 is the GPO Steinway.

The link will lead to three choices.

At the top, you will see a blue button to play the mp3.

Just below that, you will see the score, if you have the Scorch plugin. Otherwise, a blank where the score ought to be. Here you can view the score and listen to the Scorch playback (GM), not a good sound, usually.

Below this, under the heading of details, you will see a choice to download the mp3 file, which is the best choice if you want to hear, and don't have broadband. The mp3 is the GPO harpsichord.

Richard

Re: Two Part Harpsi Something

A hard choice, Richard -- but personally I prefer the piano version, as far, far more expressive.

To me, much of the beauty and sense of this piece is lost in the brittleness of the harpsichord...

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum