• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WamiRack: BIG thumbs up!!

Share/Bookmark

WamiRack: BIG thumbs up!!

For those of you looking for a really great solution for GSt, I would heartily recommend the WaMi Rack 24 from EgoSys. I installed it and launched GSt very quickly and have not had a single problem since installing it last week. This is my third card for GS and by far the best solution so far. Plus, the 4 midi ins give me access to all of GSt\'s midi parts...that\'s 64 channels!!
    -IO

Re: WamiRack: BIG thumbs up!!

Wow great to hear from someone using the WamiRack24.

Is it multiclient? i.e. can you assign a sequencer to outputs 1&2 and Gigastudio to the others, thereby running each side by side.

It would be great to get your reply to this question as I\'ve been holding off from buying one for a while.

Peace from... GigaDiga

Sorry , bot I have purchased my WamiRack two weeks ago , and have some problems with pop´s
    , the support of EgoSys NOT reply my message !!

jfrb - while you\'re waiting for Egosys to reply, why don\'t you let the people at this forum know what type of system you\'re running and they may be able to help. Pops seem to be related to CPU, ram, DMA settings and disk access time, more often than they are related to the soundcard.
    You may be able to sort this one out yourself with a little assistance from the Northern Sounds Brain Trust.

IO
    I was thinking of getting a Wamirack a while back as it was the cheapest option for 8 outs with smpte and 64 midi channels, but dealers have been pushing me towards the Midiman delta 1010 and a separate midi card (the emagic AMT Unitor for super clever midi sync blah blah).
    I don\'t suppose that was one of your previous cards???

I have had an opposite experience. With the GigaSampler, I get lots of digital static if I run beyond 24 notes of polyphony. The system is hot-rodded, so I don\'t think the problem is computer caused. When I upgraded to GigaStudio, the system could not track the MIDI flow and the sound was still bad. Anyone have any ideas?

Hmmm. I\'m sorry to hear that about your system, Fred. I talked with Dave G. and he said that he\'s heard of a couple of strange problems with WR24, but he\'s heard a lot more success stories than problems. I\'d hate to think that it\'s just dependant upon which one you get. I got a good one, that\'s for sure. When I first installed it. I had checked the DMA switch on my disc driver, and heard a bunch of pops, but when I unchecked it they went away. May be worth a try.

Other than that, I can\'t think of anything to suggest. My installation went so smoothly that I haven\'t had to troubleshoot any problems with it.

Oh, and gigadiga, it does support multiclient usage. I was using a Gina card previously but needed midi.
    -IO

Well, thanks to Fred...now MY machine pops and clicks too (just kidding Fred...it\'s not your fault
    With egg on face, I\'m sad to say that I\'m no longer as happy with Wami Rack as I once was. I swapped out cards and GStudio was working fine with Gina, but when I put the Wami Rack back in, I started getting pops and clicks at about 55-60 voices. Perhaps waiting to buy the Wami might be a good idea until this problem gets worked out.

Sorry about the premature thumbs up!
    -IO

Works fine with GigaSampler, and with audio tracks in Cakewalk. No pops or problems.
    I have a 566 & Maxtor 7,200 rpm IDE drive.

My only problem is that I have not been able yet to hear both Cakewalk audio tracks & Giga at the same time. Which makes me suspect that the rumors may be true: is this really a multi-client card ?

An update: The Wami accepts Giga on outputs 3,4, and Cakewalk audio tracks on outputs 5,6. It works! I could play 4 audio tracks (@44.1) with 12 MIDI tracks, of which 1 was driving the Giga piano. My PC seems to pull this off easily. Not a pop.

Still need to figure out why using outputs 1,2 of Wami Rack causes problems.

Go Back to forum