• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suspense

Here's a short little piece I put together.. Hope you like it.

Re: Suspense

Wow Eric, this is tense and beautiful! Like a tragic finale. Did you write this for anything specific, or just to write? Very nice string writing! I only wish this were a longer cue.

Thanks for listening!

I was just in the mood to write something that started fast and then just dropped off and finished with some nice string voicings.. So it wasn't for anything particular.

I scored a feature length independent film last year, but it was before I got GPO...

Cool beans, Erik!

Lovely string writing in this, and great atmosphere to it... some nicely restrained builds and subtly handled progressions.

Please! Keep going with this! There's plenty there for development, for sure!

Thanks etLux,
    I am currently still working on this and trying to extend it and come up with more ideas..

To those who are curious.. Everything is GPO except the choir sound obviously. It is from my Kurzweil K2500. Just in case anyone cares..

Nice. I imagined I was watching Harry Potter film or something like that. Very filmic.

Don Cleary

Yes, Very nice indeed!

Does have a kind of Harry Potterish feel.

Great work !

Nice one, Mr. Eric! I'm proud of you. This is very good writing. Thanks for posting it.

Larry G. Alexander

Thanks guys! I really appreciate you all taking the time to listen and give me feedback! You guys are great!

I thought the same thing about the Harry Potterish feel after I did that celesta part.

BTW, I am currently tweaking this and hopefully extending it into a longer piece..

More compositions to come..

You capture the genre quite well, and it sounds very professional. Nice piece, and nice use of GPO. Boy, you guys are good!

R. Pearl

Go Back to forum