• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Topic: Blown Away with Tom's Scream Trumpets!

Share/Bookmark

Re: Blown Away with Tom's Scream Trumpets!

Hey Tom
    Once Again....I am returning to the forum to see what's up after a long time away. Great demo man.....

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hey Tom
    Once Again....I am returning to the forum to see what's up after a long time away. Great demo man.....

Paul
    Thanks Paul. Good to see you checking in on things.

Tom

If anybody should play this live, it should definitely by played by Gordon Goodwin's band or Doc Severinsen's band.

Maestrojosh87,

I haven't heard Doc's band since he left the Tonight Show but I certainly could imagine the Goodwin band playing this.

Tom

Thumbs up Re: Blown Away with Tom's Scream Trumpets!

Great sounds!!! Would love to hear what Wayne Bergeron, Arturo Sandoval, Maynard Ferguson, Cat Anderson, or any of the great high note guys would have sounded like together on that same piece.

Bob

Fantastic work,Tom! Anyone remember the name of Doc's drummer in the Tonight Show band? I thought the whole band was first rate, but the drummer was a throwback to the days when just about every Big Band had a drummer of that calibre; now they are hard to find. In days past, each individual instrumentalist could stand on his own when need be, and not just "hide" in the Orchestra. I see a bright future for this and all of Gary's new Libraries. Congratulations to all!

Thanks, JCLG. Ed Shaunessy was the drummer in Doc's band on the old Tonight show.

Tom

Thanks again,Tom. I found this on the net - another Master at work. Enjoy!

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Ed_Shaughnessy.html

Tom:
    I am the old newby and I just listened to your file. I don't know whether to be inpired or totally depressed. I have a MacG5 with 12 GB of RAM, Finale 2008, and the latest versions of Garritan Jazz Band and Kontakt2 but I have no idea of how to use them as you do. If your tutorial can get me to anywhere near what you are doing I will be "infernally" grateful, because your stuff is "Hot!"

Thanks, Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus
    Tom:
    I am the old newby and I just listened to your file. I don't know whether to be inpired or totally depressed. I have a MacG5 with 12 GB of RAM, Finale 2008, and the latest versions of Garritan Jazz Band and Kontakt2 but I have no idea of how to use them as you do. If your tutorial can get me to anywhere near what you are doing I will be "infernally" grateful, because your stuff is "Hot!"

Thanks, Steve
    Steve,

Thanks! The JABB tutorials have been the victim of the many problems that needed to be resolved within all of our libraries when we migrated to the KP2 player. Dealing with these unexpected issues has taken over a year to resolve (as you may have noticed!) and the tutorials have remained undone as a result. I'm now catching up on a number of new projects but I hope to be able to tackle the tutorials this fall, if all goes well. In the meantime, you can certainly "pick my brain" by examining the Sonar and/or MIDI files that are posted here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=45965

Tom

Go Back to forum