• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hot on the heels...

Share/Bookmark

Hot on the heels...

... of Tom's scream demo, here's my KVR Audio entry for this month... in 7/8 time, this is JABB funk. Two trumpets, tenor sax, baritone sax, rhodes, upright bass and drums. Steinberg's Virtual Guitarist Electric Edition is the only non-JABB sound.

one eighth short of a full bar

R.
    Last edited by dabbler; 04-13-2006 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Updated...

Re: Hot on the heels...

Get down!

This is hot -- wow, those trumpet licks... lol... they give ya the shivers.

The only minor technicall matter I might bring up is the panning in the mix. Were it me, I think perhaps I would have mixed some parts more toward center, or maybe crossed a bit in post edit.

Great job!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Oh no, the disease is contagious! I'm always a sucker for 7/8. I think the future tutorial on use of the shakes layer for rapid upper register fingering and other tricks will come in handy for you with this type of material. But that's later. For now, take two aspirin and we should have the commitment papers prepared in the morning.

Tom

Dabbler:

Hot, movin' out music. Great use of JABB. You're cookin' man.

Well done--very well done..........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I've redone some stuff on this now... got rid of the guitar, changed some bassline things and remixed - partly with what I think David has in mind, bringing the rhythm section into the centre a little... maybe the bari sax could still change places with someone and be in the middle since she's the soloist, but also put the lead trumpet a little into the background trying to get more realism, and used the doit to do a half-valve scoop up to a note or two.

The ending has been re-written too.

The master limiter I had on the output seems to have messed with the stereo imaging in places, but the tune is better (in my mind!).

http://www.richiebee.ca/78-2.mp3

Also added a nice JABB cowbell and tambourine in the bari solo section.

Rich
    Last edited by dabbler; 04-14-2006 at 03:41 PM. Reason: oh yeah, and...

Dabbler:

Ya got my vote for the change. I think it greatly improves the mix.

Keep 'em comin,' man.........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Very very cool!! Is all of this JABB. The guitar octave thing is well executed and my favourite is the baritone. Great lines. Fonky in all ways good.

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

It sounds to me like all JABB.
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Funk in 7/8!

I Like it!!

Very cool chart!!!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Go Back to forum