• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Mac requirements

JABB Mac requirements

I have a G4 1.25 Dual Processor Mac with 2 GB Ram. This seems to be below what is necessary to run JABB.

But I don't need full polyphony. I think I would use mostly two or three instruments at the same time. Maybe 5 if I could get them. I can also transfer stuff to audio files.

So...will it just not run at all on my system? Or run in a limited way? If so, what kind of limitations?

Re: JABB Mac requirements

I currently use tp, ten, alto, bone and 3 rhythm in Finale with playback on a PB G4 867 MHz and 768 MB Ram. If i don't use the reverb settings too much i have pretty good playback without stuttering, and my computer is WAY under the requirements for JABB. So...with your setup you should be fine. I understand that if you plan on using a full big band you REALLY do need the G5 and a lot of ram(2 gig minimum). I plan to go to the new macbook pro when KONTAKT is compatible under the Intel chip.

Re: JABB Mac requirements - LOGIC PRO?

Thanks, Crewman. This helps me out.

As I use Logic Pro instead of Finale, does anyone know if that makes a difference?

Logic Pro can use a lot of resources even without plug-ins. (But I can freeze tracks of course)

Go Back to forum