• Register
  • Help

Topic: WaMi Rack popping fix!

Share/Bookmark

WaMi Rack popping fix!

I have not installed the driver update, so I can\'t verify this but according to this user, the 1.7 driver (available on egosys\' website) will eliminate the popping.

(the following pasted from an email sent to me regarding the popping issue):
    Update your driver to 1.7. Make sure that when you do this that you view the readme file and do exactly what it tells you to do. Make sure you run INFCLEAR first.
    In the WAMI RACK mixer, make sure that the sample rate converter is set to AUTO
    Go to CONTROL PANEL/SYSTEM/DEVICE MANAGER and click on entry for DISK DRIVES. Click on the IDE drive and then on the settings tab. If you do not have the DMA box checked do so now. You will get a message telling you to beware. I had no problems and if one should occurr it should be able to reverse in safe mode.

Reboot the system and look into the WAMI RACK MIXER to see if the update has been installed. At this point, I no longer had any problems.

Re: WaMi Rack popping fix!

Hi IO,

I would love to hear if you have any success with this popping business.

p.s. did you think about writing a CAL script to automate your brass eccentricities? Maybe you could play the piece with a truncated sample of a brass instrument, then run a CAL script in cakewalk to lengthen each note and make it start a certain amount earlier. Hmm might be clunky but it was just a thought I had.

gigaDiga :-)

(hopefully not your arch-enemy)

Hi GigaDiga.
    (of course you\'re not my arch-enemy...whatever gave you THAT idea??)
    Anyway, that\'s a really good idea but unfortunately, I don\'t use Cakewalk. I actually use Metro and Digital Performer on a Mac. I\'m sure I could do something like that in those programs, but I\'m not exactly sure how to. I\'ll look into it. Thanks!
    -IO

Well, I finally got a chance to update the drivers and I\'m still getting the same popping that I did with the old drivers, so if the Wami is the problem then the latest drivers do not fix this problem!

However, I\'m starting to think that maybe te Wami isn\'t the problem after all. I mean, I am getting 55-60 voices before I start hearing the pops. Maybe I\'m just running into the limitations of my hard drive. I\'ve got a single IBM Deskstar 7200 UIDE66 drive. How many voices is this drive capable of?
    Thx,
    IO

IO
    Maybe it\'s worth getting a second IBM just for .gig files?

Is there any more news on the popping and clicking front?

I\'ve got $600 burning a hole in my back pocket and the WamiRack24 just looks perfect on paper. Check out the www.ego-sys.net site for their claims that the WamiRack24 works wonderfully with GigaSampler. Odd huh.

oops should be www.egosys.net

Sorry for the repeated posts but just read this and thought it might help...
    http://egosys.net/eng/download/wami2417.htm

\"IDE hard disk option in System folder- `DMA\' must to be enabled for clean audio. Otherwise, you may could hear glitch for sometimes.\"

Thanks for the tip, gigadiga. I think their interpreter is Yoda
    Actually, I\'ve already tried checking the DMA switch and it makes no difference. Nemesys seems to have crawled back into their holes, so no word from them on the status of a fix for this. For the time being, I\'m getting 60 voices solidly, so I\'m not really complaining, but it would be nice to have a few more. A friend of mine is only getting like 20 voices with his system. I\'m sure it\'s only a matter of time before it gets figured out. I think it\'s a pretty safe bet to get the Wami rack. It\'s working really great considering.
    -IO

Go Back to forum