• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multiple soundcards?

Share/Bookmark

Multiple soundcards?

Can Gigasampler be used in system with multiple soundcards? I have a DS2416(DSP Factory), which is used with LogicAudio. I was thinking of getting something like a Darla 24 for Gigasampler. Thought I\'d ask before I went and blew another $300. Any ideas/comments?

Thanks

Larry

Re: Multiple soundcards?

I used to have a system that included a Lexicon Core 2 and a Yamaha Soundcrown that worked very well for me. Since Giga wasn\'t supported by Lexicon I would sequence in Cakewalk while listening through the Soundcrown. I would then convert my midi tracks to audio using Giga capture and once this was done I would let my Lexicon card take over. Make sure that the two cards you are planning to use can coexist in peace and you should be fine. Peace.

Nazaru,

Thanks for the reply. Since reading of so many issues in this Sound Card \'Issues\' forum, it made me pretty insecure about even attempting multiple sound cards. But to those who are in the same position, I just want to say that I\'ve had no problems at all.

Went and puchased a Darla 24 to output Gigasampler. Works great along LogicAudio Platinum and a DS2416(DSP Factory) sound card. I don\'t know what kind of polyphony I\'ll get(haven\'t tried it yet). But things have gone well thus far.

Acouple \'little\' bugs: couldn\'t register using Netscape. It appears they\'re aware of the problem since you might have to reenter the CD key if you\'re a Netscape user. Didn\'t help. Tried using IE...no problems first time around. Second bug, was that I had to reinstall Sound Forge, but that wasn\'t that big of deal.

Overall pretty painless, and quite awesome.

Larry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NAZARU:
    I used to have a system that included a Lexicon Core 2 and a Yamaha Soundcrown that worked very well for me. Since Giga wasn\'t supported by Lexicon I would sequence in Cakewalk while listening through the Soundcrown. I would then convert my midi tracks to audio using Giga capture and once this was done I would let my Lexicon card take over. Make sure that the two cards you are planning to use can coexist in peace and you should be fine. Peace.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want to build a system using a lexicon core 2 and a wavecenter pci together using wavecenter for the giga and core 2 for audio recording also I was plannig on using the adat out on the wavecenter to the core 2 adat in to record 8 music tracks at once(like audio capture) so I can effect them any way I want.system pIII 550mhz 128 sdram do this sound like it will work ok?

Go Back to forum