• Register
  • Help

Topic: V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt/Kompakt?

Share/Bookmark

V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt/Kompakt?

Since we often receive requests for a Kontakt version (Sample Library) of Vintage Keyboard Collection and Keyboard Gold Bundle we have considered a release, but so far it has been kept back because of the serious risc of piracing and low sales.
    We therefore will offer to release product if we get more than 35 binding PREORDERS. If we however do not receive these numbers it will not be interesting for us to finalize and release this product. Both VKC and KGB could be ready for release in few weeks.
    Price of VKC will be $299 and KGB wll sell for $399. If you want to PREORDER it must be based on this price and not on a future "SALE" price.
    Please send a mail to shop@scarbee.com and write: KGB Kontakt - PREORDER or VKC Kontakt - PREORDER depending on what product you want to order. If we don't get the right number of preorders release will be cancelled and you will not buy anything. If you at some point regeret the preorder - please send a mail with Header: REGRET.
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt/Kompakt?

Kudos for considering to dump the dongle. I'm very tempted because I love the sounds of these libraries. I have NI Elektrik as part of Komplete now and concede that the Scarbee libraries are better sounding. However, I'm not really in a position to "jump" at the offer right now and am somewhat confused as to why it would be a now or never proposition.

Best of luck,
    fizbin

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    Kudos for considering to dump the dongle. I'm very tempted because I love the sounds of these libraries. I have NI Elektrik as part of Komplete now and concede that the Scarbee libraries are better sounding. However, I'm not really in a position to "jump" at the offer right now and am somewhat confused as to why it would be a now or never proposition.

Best of luck,
    fizbin
    Hi Fizbin,

As Preorders looks now - it will never be released. I can not release a products based on 5 customers, right?
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Well, traditionally developers have had more of an "if you build it they will come" philosophy, rather than "if you buy it, I will build it". Know what I mean? I'm sure you have a much better idea of the risks than I do though.

Best of luck to you,
    fizbin

Well, traditionally developers have had more of an "if you build it they will come" philosophy, rather than "if you buy it, I will build it". Know what I mean? I'm sure you have a much better idea of the risks than I do though.

Best of luck to you,
    fizbin
    Well we have done this for 6 years...But we also now have experience that some users can be very "loud" demanding, asking for stuff (and you can fall into the believe that they represent hundreds of customers) - and then when released - they don't buy. I can not spends weeks, months on conversions just to sell to a few cutomers - that is bad business for me.

As soon as we release VKC for Kontakt as an unprotected sample library - we loose all the protection we paid for with Syncrosoft. This is why I will only release it if we at least can sell 35 full versions from our webshop - afterall - it's a very low number, right?
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Quote Originally Posted by SCARBEE
    This is why I will only release it if we at least can sell 35 full versions from our webshop - afterall - it's a very low number, right?
    Certainly. You are probably right.

I'm curious - do you feel that the syncrosoft protection has paid for itself (now having the benefit of hindsight)? I'm not here to judge - I'm genuinely curious. I have 3 (1 syncrosoft/2 pace) dongles already and am generally OK with them.

Jay

Certainly. You are probably right.

I'm curious - do you feel that the syncrosoft protection has paid for itself (now having the benefit of hindsight)? I'm not here to judge - I'm genuinely curious. I have 3 (1 syncrosoft/2 pace) dongles already and am generally OK with them.

Jay
    Yes. It has allowed us to sell to shops, distributors etc. We reach users who may have used an illegal version. Generally ANY protection (like NI, Spectrasonics etc) benefits sales. I didn't choose Halion Player for the dongle and would have preferred challenge/response protection - even though it is far from secure it still stops the "casual copying", but doesn't stop hardcore pirates who uses special tools to crack codes. These users can not be reached..
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye

Go Back to forum