Hi there,
First and foremost, Appologize for this cross-posting from the Gigastudio Topic. I just think this post has its place here too... Except for the Gigastudio-specific question in red.

I'm planning on building a new DAW :after a whole month of research and bragging and information collection, here's what I've decided to buy :

AMD Opteron 175
Socket 939 2,2Ghz Dual Core
Cache L2 2x1024Ko

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
Chipset ATI Crossfire Xpress 3200
Specs Link

PS : a guy from the gearslut forum told me that this motherboard is not compatible with GS3 (can be read here)... Can you confirm this ? If yes, who is the culprit, the ATI Crossfire Xpress Chipset ? The ULi M1575 South Bridge ? If so, what motherboard do you recommend ?

Seasonic S12 500HT ATX 500 Watts
Specs Link

Processor Fan/Heatsink Combo
Zalman CNPS9500 LED
Specs Link
Thermalright SI-120 + Nexus Silent Case Fan 120mm
Specs Link + Specs Link

ATX Case
Antec Performance One P180 Black
Specs Link

LCD Screen
2 x Samsung Syncmaster 930BF (4ms)
Specs Link

DVD Writer
Plextor PX-716AL (Slot-in)
Specs Link

S-ATA II Hard Drive Disk
Seagate ST3400633AS
400Go 7200RPM
Cache 16Mo – 12ms

Note that I already have a PCI-e Graphic Card, and 2Go of Samsung PC3200 DDRAM, and 2 Seagate 160Go S-ATA Hard Drive.
I'll probably be plugging in an M-Audio ProjectMix I/O (FireWire 400).
Also, I'll be mainly using Sony Acid Pro 6.0, along with Tascam GigaStudio Orchestra 3 and many high-end plugins (URS, Sonalksis, Waves, Convultion Reverbs).

So I'm aiming at a multitask DAW (if it wasn't obvious ^^). The question is :

Am I aiming right with this setup ? Will I go throught compatibility issues ? Or do you have any better recomendation about the componements I chose ?

Thanx in advance for the feedback.