• Register
  • Help

Topic: Big Fish Raging Guitars ?

Share/Bookmark

Big Fish Raging Guitars ?

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum, though some of you may know me from KVR.

I was looking for a guitar library and came across Raging Guitars. There are some good demos on their site but no reviews yet. I'm a bit afraid they're mostly loops. I'm looking for live playable guitar samples for mostly rock.

Could someone who has this, give a small review please.

Or is it better to go with something like LPC (manual looks a bit scary though), LD1 (only distortion, maybe wait for a clean version?) or even Studio B (not so detailed guitar as the rest, but a nice bass and drums thrown in) ?

Thanks,

Peter.

Re: Big Fish Raging Guitars ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pschelfh
    Hi guys, I'm new on this forum, though some of you may know me from KVR.
    Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good stuff here...

I'm looking for live playable guitar samples for mostly rock.
    (I don't have Raging Guitars, so I can't really comment on it.) There are several good libraries out there. Do you want to start with a clean sound and use your own distortion and effects or do you want that already in the samples? For clean sounds, I've been using the Vintaudio Giga Clean Electric Guitars for quite some time, and I recently picked up the LPC packages from Prominy. (I have both Universal Audio UAD-1 and TC Electronic Powercore cards that I use for distortion and effects.) Both the Vintaudio and Prominy Clean packages are excellent. The Vintaudio is quite good and less expensive than the Prominy product, but the Prominy stuff is huge, with lots of articulations - absolutely top notch!

On the other hand, if you want the distortion to already be a part of the samples, I think you should definitely check out the Bela D libraries, as well as Get Distorted and the two Monzter Guitars packages along with the Prominy LPC. They each have their own flavor. I've been trading licks between a couple "virtual" players on some recent tracks - one of Lyrical Distortion and one of Get Distorted. Great combo... For the ultimate crazy leads though, wow, fire up Prominy LPC Distorted! Makes me grin and giggle every time I use it!

Check out the "Guitar Instruments" section of my SoftSampling web site for a listing of several of the libraries that are available, including some that I don't have. (Which is why I haven't commented on them.) And especially check out the Prominy LPC video demo!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good stuff here...
    Thanks, I already had a great time with the Search-button !

I think I want to start with clean sounds and then use my hardware pre-amps to spice it up.

I should have said I use Kontakt2, so I don't know if the Vintaudio Giga will translate fine, but thanks for the tips, I'll take a look on your site.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pschelfh
    Thanks, I already had a great time with the Search-button !

I think I want to start with clean sounds and then use my hardware pre-amps to spice it up.

I should have said I use Kontakt2, so I don't know if the Vintaudio Giga will translate fine, but thanks for the tips, I'll take a look on your site.

Peter.
    In addition to more limited lead articulations, the Vintaudio guitars do not include chords. To me, that is a major drawback. Then again, there is a large price difference.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Vintaudio is kontakt 2 - I bought it during their group buy in Kontakt 2 format.

Monzter guitars sound good, but try putting vintaudio through amplitube or amplitube 2.

Also, for killer leads and bass guitars, check out www.manystation.com for their manyguitar product - simply top notch! More of a synth than a sample collection, it has tons of great guitars and basses - just cannot go wrong with this beauty.

Mike

They also have Manytone Guitar, which I have heard great things about (it is more stratocaster oriented though, and I am not a big strat guy).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum