• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXS24 and Gig importing

Share/Bookmark

EXS24 and Gig importing

Hi people,

I'm about to squeeze the last essence of my student loan into a few addittions to my sample set-up.

I had discounted stuff like VOTA, Giovanni and SI Strings mini as they're all in Gigasampler or Kontakt only.

But, I got a couple of free (brilliant) samples from Herman's RAW site, and realised that EXS24 II can import Gig files.

So, would it be as simple as buying the above mentioned libraries, and importing them through the EXS24, and then using them to the fullest extent just as they would be used in Gigasampler? Or would I need anything to convert them - or maybe the functionality would be reduced after importing into a different sampler?

Any help would be smashing. Ta.

Re: EXS24 and Gig importing

Quote Originally Posted by wilx
    Hi people,

I'm about to squeeze the last essence of my student loan into a few addittions to my sample set-up.

I had discounted stuff like VOTA, Giovanni and SI Strings mini as they're all in Gigasampler or Kontakt only.

But, I got a couple of free (brilliant) samples from Herman's RAW site, and realised that EXS24 II can import Gig files.

So, would it be as simple as buying the above mentioned libraries, and importing them through the EXS24, and then using them to the fullest extent just as they would be used in Gigasampler? Or would I need anything to convert them - or maybe the functionality would be reduced after importing into a different sampler?

Any help would be smashing. Ta.
    Depends on the functinality of the original gig files. There are some things that EXS24 don't support, as scripting. Also it handles releasesamples a bit different. Basic instruments should work fine, but maybe there's why these samples are Giga/Kontakt only.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

actually, SI Strings are available in exs24, I think. There's a good crossgrade deal available too.

You really need to check whether the Giga programming makes use of keyswitching or crossfading -if it does, I'd advise against expecting a useful conversion. I've used exs24's conversion and Translator (Mac version) and the results for files like these were never as expected.

I would imagine VOTA and Giovani also have some higher-level programming. It should be possible to find that out. Maybe you coould test a few conversions first?

I'm looking forward to the new GIGA VI Plugin, but of course it won't be for free.

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W
    actually, SI Strings are available in exs24, I think. There's a good crossgrade deal available too.

You really need to check whether the Giga programming makes use of keyswitching or crossfading -if it does, I'd advise against expecting a useful conversion. I've used exs24's conversion and Translator (Mac version) and the results for files like these were never as expected.

I would imagine VOTA and Giovani also have some higher-level programming. It should be possible to find that out. Maybe you coould test a few conversions first?
    It's SI strings Mini I'm looking at. £450 for the full collection is ever-so-slightly out of budget, as I want to get strings and a couple of other things, from RA, some sort of choir, Brass & WW.

I'll probably email SI, EW BelaD and some more accronyms and see what they all say.

Email returned Rich.

Best,
    Francis
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Hi Wilx

With regards to the above free samples - what site are they on? - Thanks

Phil

http://www.herman-witkam.com/raw

Ethnic stuff - completely free, he just asks that you acknowledge them if you use 'em on Jurassic Park 4.

I'll be donating him some cash when I get that gig!

Go Back to forum