• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pulsar GSIF vs Direct Sound

Share/Bookmark

Pulsar GSIF vs Direct Sound

Until a few days ago, I was using Pulsar 1.32, and was able to run GigaSampler just fine using the Direct Sound input device. I did not notice any bothersome amount of latency. Then I upgraded to Pulsar 2.0, and now I can no longer use the Direct Sound input. No sound reaches the Pulsar mixer. So I tried using the GSIF input device. It works, but the Latency is now quite noticeable - about 0.25 seconds or so. I have a PIII 667 with an Asus P3V-4X MB, 256 MB RAM, Matrox GS200 graphics card. Any advice?

Re: Pulsar GSIF vs Direct Sound

PM,

Not official, but I heard through the grapevine that there was a v2.01 of the Pulsar drivers that would address this latency problem. It looks like they mention
    it on their web site, but it does not look like it is available yet.

Joe (NemeSys)

Hi PM,

You may also want to check the eGroups Pulse-Scope forum:
    http://www.egroups.com/messages/pulsar-scope

One of the main reasons I bought a Creamware PowerSampler PCI card is for the low-latency GSIF capable drivers!

Nicholas

Hi all,

I saw that the Puslar 2.01 drivers are listed on the Nemesys site as being \'officially\' GSIF complient

Is the Pulsar multi client? Can you use the GSIF dirvers and low latency ASIO drivers side by side (using Cubase and GS together)?
    How many GSIF inputs do you get with the Pulsar?

Thanks for the info!

Jelle Bloemsma

Answer your questions:
    1> Is the Pulsar multi client? Yes
    2> Can you use the GSIF dirvers and low latency ASIO drivers side by side (using Cubase and GS together)? yes
    3> How many GSIF inputs do you get with the Pulsar? 32max (I did try 16 in GigaSampler, It works, 32?)

additional answers:
    4> works only lastest version (Pulsar V2.01)
    5> Clean sounds no pops or cracles
    6> It has DSP built-in, not use CPU pwr(Analog-synths + Mix with effect-processor)
    7> It\'s good conbination of hardware and software within single PC. because no reason for Additional PC if 32 audio tracks are enough, someone even runs 54 tracks in cubase (?). My experience is about 28 tracks with cakewalk9.
    8> Pulsar provides own sampler which can takes Akai-S1000 (some bugs in Logic-Audio, Cakewalk or Cubase seems be OK)
    9> Maybe some bugs with new GSIF driver (nothing to do with audio quality)
    10> Simple Flow-chart in Cubase:
    CubaseMIDI-->GS/GSt-->Pulsar-->Cubase Audio Recorder
    That\'s what you want to Know?

Test sound see this site:
    http://www.planetz.com/Pulsar/Music.html

Pulsar, Cakewalk and Gigasampler User
    LHong

Thanks LHong these where the answers I was looking for!

I\'ve got a DSP factory right now and it\'s not such a good card with Cubase and GigaStudio running side by side.

Seems there are a lot of nice fixes in the pulsar 2.01 software.. the 2.0 manual (which I got from the creamware site) only talks about 8 individual GSIF inputs.

Thanks again.

Jelle Bloemsma

That\'s good.
    There is an error in manual (not updated)
    The thing I\'d like to correct to it is the max GSIF inputs is 32 individual (16 stereo) \"not 8\". There is a little GSIF\'s box shown 8, can be set to 32. Of course in the V2.0 (may, 2000) manual specs only 8.

Well, It is so funny if we talk to the Tech support, they might not even know there is a big mistake in the mannual (it\'s their bible!) Do you think so!
    I think some pulsar user is here. please correct me If I\'m wrong.
    Too much in here!
    LHong

Go Back to forum