• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: loading in a full orchestra

Share/Bookmark

loading in a full orchestra

Hello --

My current project is to write a piece for orchestra and everytime I try to load it up in sibelius, I run out of memory half way through (even with eco settings on). The playback is chock-full-o-clicks and my computer just seems to get very angry at me. Are there any tricks that I'm missing? Here are my specs:

Sibelius 4.1 w/ gpo
    Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
    1 GB Ram
    WinXP Home Edition SP2

any help will be greatly appreciated! I keep trying to write this orchestra piece the old fashioned way (sitting at my piano) but I've become so spoiled by gpo's playback that its hard to go back!!

Thanks,
    Paul Bergel

Re: loading in a full orchestra

Bump your memory up to 2 GB!!

Jim

yeah reallY! 1 gig!!! I cant even load my checkbook!
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

.... and reduce polyphony on the more polyphony hungry instruments (f.ex. section strings, piano). If you use Ambience, lower its CPU quality.

Also, make sure that "Use Reverb" is turned off - I think it is under Kontakt Player Options. That willhelp. You can always export the .WAV file to another program to add reverb at a later date. And get more memory - you are on the low side for the size of the ensemble you wish to load.

R. Pearl

Thank you all very much. I've been dragging my feet with this because I have that kind of computer where you need to buy double the memory for it to work! Anyone know a good place to get cheap memory?

Thanks,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bergelp
    Thank you all very much. I've been dragging my feet with this because I have that kind of computer where you need to buy double the memory for it to work! Anyone know a good place to get cheap memory?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Crucial
    mushkin
    memory to go

google or yahoo it or goto frys
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Thanks,
    Paul
    That's a new one for me. Care to elucidate?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    That's a new one for me. Care to elucidate?

Richard
    I could have sworn I bought memory before and it didn't work becaue I needed to install two at a time... does this make sense or am I completely wrong (which wouldn't suprise me in the least!)

edit: possibly something to do with my processor being an intel p4 with hyper threading?

Paul

I could have sworn I bought memory before and it didn't work becaue I needed to install two at a time... does this make sense or am I completely wrong (which wouldn't suprise me in the least!)

edit: possibly something to do with my processor being an intel p4 with hyper threading?

Paul
    I just got done talking to my tech support and they said that "... your system recommends memory installation in pairs, which means if you need to add 1GB memory on your system, you need to install 2-512 MBs."

Anyway, thanks a lot for all the help!
    Take care,
    Paul

Go Back to forum