• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WaveCenter/PCI

Share/Bookmark

WaveCenter/PCI

Is anyone running the GigaStudio 160 SMOOTHLY using a Frontier DesignWaveCenter/PCI sound card?
    I mean: no installation problems, low latency with the GigaPiano, no clicks/pops at all.

mihmar

Re: WaveCenter/PCI

This card has worked flawlessly for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    This card has worked flawlessly for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I am also thinking of buying the Wavecenter/pci. I am planning to use its midi ports to trigger GIGASTUDIO and then feed the GIGA\'s output thru the Wavecenter\'s Adat output into a Motu 2408 Adat input.
    Are you using the Wavecenter in a similar way or if not do you mind a brief description of how you are using it.
    Thanx.

And another question regarding the Wavecenter/PCI:

Are the two midi inputs of the card fast enough (comparing to a ISA or paralel midi interface)?

Or I\'ll have to buy an extra MIDI interface - to get lower midi latency?

thanks

mihmar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>
    I am also thinking of buying the Wavecenter/pci. I am planning to use its midi ports to trigger GIGASTUDIO and then feed the GIGA\'s output thru the Wavecenter\'s Adat output into a Motu 2408 Adat input.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get this working?

Thanks,

Lawrence

[This message has been edited by Lougheed (edited 07-01-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lougheed:
    Did you get this working?

Thanks,

Lawrence

[This message has been edited by Lougheed (edited 07-01-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not yet: I am just building an overclocked 566 celeron. I am kinda busy so it\'s taking me some time.

I notice that the WaveCenter/PCI ad in Keyboard Magazine states \"30-day money-back guarantee\". I guess I should look into trying it out, and if I can get it working keep it, and if I can\'t return it. Of course I\'ll be out the shipping costs. I\'m in Canada, which may or may not complicate things.

Lawrence

Bill,

can you please post your settings the GST160 is working fine with? Like the VCache amount(in System.ini), Virtual memory, WaveCenter buffer size, GSt polyphony (I have a P3-700) etc

I cannot make them all work! Crashes, glitches ....

So, how many FXs are able to run simultaneously?

thanks

mihmar

Mihmar,

I’m just using all the default settings for VCache, etc. I installed the card for GS 1.6, and when I upgraded to SGt 160, there was no problem or additional setup. I haven’t had time to test the number of simultaneous FX’s. I have GSt on a dedicated PIII 550.

Bill: How have you gotten your gigastudio to have low latency with the wavecenter pci. Mine is almost unusable. I am trying to play it into a motu 2408 using digital performer.

I am 128 ticks off.

Go Back to forum