• Register
  • Help

Topic: Thomas Penders Accepted to San Francisco Conservatory

Orcas Island

Thomas Penders Accepted to San Francisco Conservatory

Thomas Penders has been accepted to the San Francisco Conservatory of Music as a composition student. Thomas was one of only 13 students selected to be in the composition program and he also received a scholarhsip.

Thomas studied at the Conservatory of Music in Rotterdam under Aquilles Delle-Vigne and participated in master classes with Vladimir Tropp. After his move to the United States in 1995, he has composed several symphonies, piano sonatas and piano etudes. His website is at http://thomaspendersclassicalmusic.com/ and he has his own page in the Bach and Chopin sectionof the Classical Music Archives - http://www.classicalarchives.com/inspire/penders.html.

For the past year Thomas has been a contributor to this forum and has shared his music with us. Here are some examples of some of his music thathave been posted on the forum:

The San Francisco Conservatory is perhaps one of the leading music schools in the world and is the only accredited major independent conservatory of music of its kind on the West Coast of the United States. The school is very selective and limits enrollment in order to ensure that every student receives considerable individual attention and concentrated one-on-one instruction. There's also many opportunities to have student pieces performed.

Congratulations Thomas! This is quite and honor. Wishing you great success in your studies at SFCM.

Gary Garritan

Re: Thomas Penders Accepted to San Francisco Conservatory

Wow, that's wonderful news, my congratulations Thomas!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Warmest wishes and congratulations, Thomas. Great accomplishment. My former bassist used to teach some classes there, raved about the faculty. I'll be looking forward to hearing you in the future (and here, of course! )
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Many warm congratulations, Thomas!

I cannot think of anyone more talented and deserving.

May I wish you every success!

Go Back to forum