• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can GigaSampler do this...

Share/Bookmark

Can GigaSampler do this...

Hi everyone, quick question. Last night I was playing around with Reality (software) which my friend has on his comp. The program acts as both a Synthesizer AND a Sampler. Since I have already purchased GigaSampler what\'s my best option as far as having a Synth? Should I buy something like Module E (which is a VST Synth instrument)? I need your advise.

Thanks.

Re: Can GigaSampler do this...

I use my GigaStudio as a sound module. I went to www.worrasplace.com and downloaded some synth sounds for Giga.

Hi Alec

I use a combination of Gigastudio and Reaktor. Between the two there\'s not much I can\'t do. Gigastudio can act as a synth/sampler, but it is missing some features that I require (such as portamento). I have enjoyed using Worra\'s Prophet as well as many old Soundfonts I own (Orbit and Planet Phatt, great retro/dance sounds).

As far as VST intruments are concerned, I haven\'t had much luck with them My SBLive doesn\'t have ASIO drivers, so latency (the time it takes between hitting a key and hearing a sound) is unbearable (up to 1 sec). Now, with VST instruments, they \"look ahead\" when played back from a sequencer, so your sequences are played back with no latency...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec:
    Hi everyone, quick question. Last night I was playing around with Reality (software) which my friend has on his comp. The program acts as both a Synthesizer AND a Sampler. Since I have already purchased GigaSampler what\'s my best option as far as having a Synth? Should I buy something like Module E (which is a VST Synth instrument)? I need your advise.

Thanks.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the feedback guys. When you say you are using Reaktor, are you using it as a VST intrument or as a stand-alone like Giga Sampler?

I have to use Reaktor right now as a stand-alone instrument because it\'s VST instruments have problems right now in Logic Audio...

My dream is to have 3 dedicated Computers. 1 for gigasampler, 1 for Reaktor, and one for Logic... Guess I\'d better start saving now :0

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alec:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. When you say you are using Reaktor, are you using it as a VST intrument or as a stand-alone like Giga Sampler?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum