• Register
  • Help

Topic: Complete Black Grand Collection now available for DirectDownload

Share/Bookmark

Complete Black Grand Collection now available for DirectDownload

Black Grand

The magnificent Steinway D, recorded in a concerthall for the true concert grand experience. Three different perspectives, Close, Ambient and Medium Ambiance gives you tree different instruments to choose from. Incredible 48 samples/note (36 for Gigastudio 2), cut's this sampled instrument in a class of it's own.

You can now buy thre three perspectives separatly as DirectDownloads at a fantastic price: Just $49 each!

Read more about this piano, listen to mp3-demos and more, go to http://www.sampletekk.com/bgresource.php
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Complete Black Grand Collection now available for DirectDownload

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    I have Black Grand Close - so why do I need anything else? I can add reverb as I wish can't I? Go on sell me the ambient and medium! I don't see why I need them.
    You mean you really think it's the same?
    Really?
    Goodness, it really isn't the same...

I have the full black grand...

It isn't a question of reverb. It's a question of air !!!

Well... If you could get me some IR's from a TOTALLY silent room (anechoic chamber) at distances : .5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 meters from source, I might be able to run some tests on the Black Grand Close & tell you if it works !!! : )

The Medium and Ambient versions definitely have a different feel to them. In general I have found that adding reverb to the Close version never gets me to the same tone as the Medium one. Medium is my favourite of all - just the right balance of warmth and brightness. I do pop/folk stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    Well I've been loving playing the close version - so I'll give the demos another listen. Thanks.
    You will hear less of the hammer's 'thud' in the mid perspective than in the close perspective.
    Also the color might be different because of mics. I'm not sure if Worra used another pair for different perspectives... Or if I'm confusing with another lib here...

Any how, to me Black grand is THE reference. I really love the sound of that Steinway... Having it in three perspectives is a real bonus.

I also have the TBO...Wonderful too, but the Yamaha (although it has a clearer sound) doesn't have the WARM CHOCOLATE sound of the Black Grand. I really wish there were some IR's available of the Black Grand.
    Do try the Cornell resonance script if you're using it in Kontakt !!!

No, you download it from Kornel Mezo's website.

Go Back to forum