• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Variation Challenge: The Winner

Variation Challenge: The Winner

Congratulations to Stefan Kristinsson, better known to us as Falcon1 for his winning entry:

Thanks to all of the entrants - you all were very creative with your entries, and made it very difficult to judge this!

I'll admit there is a bit of subjectivity on my part, and likely my own personal bias enters into the choice (but hey, it's my contest, so that's OK!).

What really tipped the scale was that I kept coming back to two of the variations - the Fugue (a VERY normal thing to find in organ literature) and the bluesy harmonization http://evensongmusic.net/audio/variationchallenge/A.mp3 as being the most audacious and creative of the variations. It so happens that both were written by falcon1, so that pretty much made my choice for me...

My 1/4 and the 1/4 of the prize kindly offered by etLux
    are already on the way to falcon1 via PayPal - Gary will be sending his also (if he hasn't already!)

A HUGE thank-you to Gary and etLux for upping the prize monies... you guys are the best

There will be a second organ challenge soon - I'll post the details when it is ready. This one will be a bit more advanced and involved, and likely will be opened up to other forums to get as many entries as possible.

Again, thanks to all who participated - you are ALL wonderfully creative people, and I count it a privilege to be a member of this wonderful forum.

That's all... good night!

Re: Variation Challenge: The Winner

Many well-deserved CONGRATULATIONS, Stefan!

Orcas Island

Congratulations Stefan! A well deserved price (check your email - You Got Cash $$ )

I'm looking forward to the second organ challenge soon. Maybe we can up the prize (I'm speaking for myself and not for etLux who has been more than generous).

Thanks to the other entrants who made this a very worthwhile challenge. Any many thanks to Jonathan and David!

Gary Garritan

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Variation Challenge: The Winner

Yea!!!!!!! Stefan Kristinsson! Congratulations falcon1!

Congratulations Stefan (so now we know where "A" came from)!!!! ...all three of your variations were wonderful!

And many thanks to Jonathan, David and Gary for hosting this challenge (and especially to Jonthan for his work in rendering all the entries...they sounded great!). I look forward to the next challenge.

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Congratulations Falcon! Well done!

Again, an echo of thanks to Jon for the challenge, and to Gary and David for their support! I too look forward to the next round. It's great to see a first victory!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Congratulations to the winner and all the contestants! Really great stuff!!!

Talking Re: Variation Challenge: The Winner

Thanks all for the kind words, but this hadn't be possible without the great theme which giwro_jon created - So big applause for him!

The theme was really an hidden gem because when I first listened to it I didn't like it much but after I had listened to it few more times it grew on me and I decided to take the challenge and make some variations. Now the hard part is to get rid of the theme in my head and start on next project. hehehe...

I can't wait for the next organ challenge which will be great, I'm sure!

And people, please compose more for the pipe organ - if you need help or have questions I'm here and I'm sure that giwro_jon is more than happy to help also.

Again thanks!

Pipe Organ RULES!

my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: Variation Challenge: The Winner

Sounds GREAT!!!!

Congratulations Stefan! Good work.

Go Back to forum