• Register
  • Help

Topic: changing midi files to audio with Aark 20/20+

Share/Bookmark

changing midi files to audio with Aark 20/20+

Hi,

I\'m trying to change my midi files to audio using Cakewalk pro audio 9, Aark 20/20+ and gigasampler (as sound source).

I\'m not sure how to configure the Aark manager (All outputs are set to monitor), configure windows multimedia/midi (i have it set to endless wave) and giga full edition (I have all giga outputs set to Aark 1,2).

Of course I get no results with the audio conversion. I\'ve tried setting it up many different ways but still no luck.

Does anybody have this set-up and is successful in changing their midi to audio. If so please pass on exact configurations.

Thanks a bundle!

R & S

Re: changing midi files to audio with Aark 20/20+

Are you trying to use the capture to wave function of GS, or are you trying to record the GS output from your 20/20 to one of its input channels?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by killerbobjr:
    [B]Are you trying to use the capture to wave function of GS, or are you trying to record the GS output from your 20/20 to one of its input channels?

Hi,

Well, at first I was trying to change the midi to audio from GS output to Aark input channel internally. I can do this with my Soundblaster Live ( on my other computer) just by setting up the windows/soundblaster mixer to record midi but the Aark doesn\'t have this feature (and it\'s the only card I use in this particular computer).

Then I tried the \"capture\" function in GS and finally figured it out. I guess I won\'t need to try to convert midi parts to audio into Aark\'s input channel any more, but if in fact you know how to do so, then pass that info on. I never know when GS will start acting weird then I\'ll have to find another solution for this midi to audio.

(I had to activate \"Send Midi Start message\" in Cakewalk in order for the GS to start when my sequencer starts.) It works, BUT oddly enough I can only use this capture sync in Cakewalk if I start the capture at measure 1 of my music composition. In other words, If I have a guitar part that only comes in at measure 40, I still have to start the sync/capture at measure one. Let it scroll through the whole 39 measures before it starts recording that part. Starting at measure 1 is the only way to get the capture working. Ideally if The guitar part starts in measure 40, you\'d think that you could start capturing at measure 39, but it doesn\'t work.

Do you have this experience as well?

Sorry to throw another problem your way.
    If you could give a clue to either problems (or both!) in this topic that would great.

R & S

[This message has been edited by R & S Hanlon (edited 06-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by R & S Hanlon (edited 06-26-2000).]

>>>>
    I never know when GS will start acting weird then I\'ll have to find another solution for this midi to audio.
    <<<<

GS is pretty solid when it comes to capture. The only quirk I\'ve noticed is that if you capture to an already exisiting file, you\'ll get a blank file. I get around this by always deleting the file before saving the new one.

>>>>
    Starting at measure 1 is the only way to get the capture working. Ideally if The guitar part starts in measure 40, you\'d think that you could start capturing at measure 39, but it doesn\'t work.
    <<<<

Set Cakewalk in Options|Project|MidiOut and check the \"Use Start, never Continue\" checkbox.

Go Back to forum