• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB Finale Human Playback Tutorial

Share/Bookmark

JABB Finale Human Playback Tutorial

UPDATE OCTOBER 2008
    Sadly due to a dispute with my ISP, my website has ceased to exist under my control.
    I apologise that this means that the tutorial is no longer available.
    Please DO NOT follow any links to www.stradjazz.com

Hi everyone,

I've done some work progressing a tutorial on using Finale 2006 Human Playback with JABB - although most (if not all) principals should apply to GPO as well.

The finished version is HERE

[NOTE: 3rd October 2006 - after a couple of problems with my ISP, the tutorial is back on line.]

Any feedback - good and bad - is appreciated.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: JABB Finale Human Playback Tutorial

Richard,

this is absolutely fantastic! Your tutorial will be a real benefit to Finale users who use Jazz and Big Band.

I urge all Finale users on this forum to check it out and give Richard some input.

Thanks very much for doing this.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: JABB Finale Human Playback Tutorial

Is this something worth pursuing do you think?
    Ya think? Keep 'em coming man! Anything to help get more out of JABB and Finale. The tutorial is superb and well constructed. Nice work!

Good job, Richard!

I think this is VERY valuable - there are lots of nice tips here.

I use ALL of these techniques in the classical realm with GPO, and it is what makes a score come alive....

Now, I dare you to show folks how to use the MIDI tool in Finale to get portamento
    (for those who don't know, Finale's MIDI editing implementation is rather ... umm... user-unfriendly!)

keep up the good work!

Richard N.

Excellent; no, outstanding job on this.

I have used Finale in the past, but put it aside for Overture 4 and Digital Performer. This is a great reference for folks like me who may try it in the future.

Please go on with the tutorial. It will help many, many others.

BRAVO, RICHARD.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thanks for the positive response guys!

I wasn't sure whether I was going in the right direction, or possibly just stating the obvious that everybody already knew.

I will continue with the tutorial and try to explore/explain as much as possible.

Thanks for the encouragement
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Oh goodie!

(No kidding, I actually say that sometimes.)

Thanks, Richard!

And as far as "obvious', sometimes that's a *good* thing. Especially if you expect me to understand it.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

The final version (for now) is up and running:

HERE

I hope it is of some use
    Richard N.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    The final version (for now) is up and running:

HERE

I hope it is of some use
    Richard,

this is simply fantastic! Thank you very much for doing this. this will certainly be a big help to JABBers and Finale users.

Would you mind if I also mirror this on the JABB website?

Thanks again. Such a fantastic job!

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Would you mind if I also mirror this on the JABB website?
    No problem at all Gary - I just hope that it will be of help to people.

Cheers.
    Richard N.

Go Back to forum