• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade to 3.12

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Upgrade to 3.12

Last weekend I prepped my 160 2.54 box, which was my studio/spare rig. The reason for doing this is simple. GS3 Orch. was working fine, but wouldn't save NFX,Blue Tubes, and various VST's.While GigaPulse was working fine, I was naver able to save EQ's, or FX. So since I use Scope 4.5 w/ 1 x 15 DSP, and 2 x 6 DSP cards, I was able to use those excellant FX instead. Thinking that GS3 was working fine as a sample player, I decided to upgrade to 3.12 patch, and things remained the same, but I could now name my stacks in a collapsable name, which was not working before. But now Blue Tubes VST doesn't work, NFX and EQ's won't save,...blah,blah,blah,etc. So I thought I would do a re-install, and start over. I screwed up Scope last year and had to re-install, but that worked, and has never given me 1 problem since. So I thought GS3 was probably installed wrong or something I did to it by accident. At any rate it erased everything, and I then erased the Sample drive, and GPulse drive also. For I wanted a fresh start. Now I cannot even load the application DVD, a dreaded message pops up that says,........
    didn't initialize properly 0xc00000006. Has anyone ever seen this message before?

Jimmy V.

Re: Upgrade to 3.12

Sounds like a bad DVD drive. Can you copy the data from another PC's DVD drive and copy it to your Giga PC with a network? I often do that with flaky discs.

-JF

Arrow Re: Upgrade to 3.12

It's a Plextor PX-708SA, the WAV.'s from the Kyma Capybara I have on DVD transfer to Scope 4.5 for use in my Solaris, and QWave synthesizers w/o incident, however I will try anything at this point. I took the DAW to St.Louis so I could keep working with Solaris, and Kyma. My gig this summer is techno/dance/DJ synth stuff, so GS3 Orch. was going to do my studio stuff, but I have no problem on my 160 2.54. I'm just about ready to ship this to David Govett, or someone to set it up for me. I've lost my patience with it. Thanks for the ideas though, I can try that Thursday. I will call you when you get to LV. Till then my friend.

Jimmy V.

Go Back to forum