• Register
  • Help

Topic: A little march music if you please

Share/Bookmark

A little march music if you please

I could sure use a couple of euphonium in this one. Just have to make do with GPO tubas I guess.

http://www.mitchmanthe.net/~All/musi...-sax%20GPO.mp3

Done strictly with Finale2006 with GPO and JABB.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: A little march music if you please

A muscular, majestic march, Mitch!

Nice job on this, enjoyed the piece.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This is good mood music ... interestingly composed and well played.
    However I had quite some clippings beginning from 2:05. Maybe you can revisit the mix for a cleaner result.

Hannes

A bit of background on this peice may be helpful. I use Finale2006 and use the "save special" option to create a WAV file which I then run through a Creative conversion program to make the MP3 file. I don't have a lot of control over the result, unfortunately, and my demos often leave a lot to be desired in terms of quality. I create the MP3 simply to present my music, not my mixing ability. I would expect that when played by a real orchestra/band or placed in the hands of someone with a much better background in mixing that the sound would be entirely different (not knocking GPO mind you, the product is excellent!), but not all of us here have the PC power to do more with our music. However, I will go back and see what I can do to get rid of the problems you describe. But glad you like the result for the most part.
    Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Mitch, in Finale, you can probably eliminate the clipping by simply opening the mixer panel and lowering the main volume (far right) slightly. Either that, or drop the Wet and Dry levels in Ambience a touch.

And just as a general comment -- I tend really to listen more to the music than the mix. Still, the better the mix, the better the representation of your work; so the effort is worthwhile.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Very nice work here, Mitch. Very solid writing and nice rendering. Thanks for sharing!

Great stuff Mitch! Would love to hear the live recording when you get it performed.

absolutely good!!

I am really pleased by this piece!!!

Congrats for the live performance, it would be great to hear it!

Best,
    Roberto

Sorry if I came across a bit touchy. Not intended. It's simply my frustration coming through with my current PC setup. Could use something with a bit more power and resources. Currently, I can't even bring up Finale and GPO studio together to take advantage of Studio's fuller sounds for some of my larger works. Oh well, such is the life of this composer wannabe.

Go Back to forum