• Register
  • Help

Topic: Delta 66 GSIF driver

Share/Bookmark

Delta 66 GSIF driver

Is anyone having problems with this driver?
    I\'m having problems with it whenever I load more than 256MB worth of samples into my 512MB memory. A while ago I posted that when I did this, I couldn\'t hear any instruments at all. Now I figured out that it\'s a problem with the driver. I have to go into the settings -> hardware/routing and reapply the Delta66 driver in order to get sound after loading all the instruments. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Of course, I imagine you need to have more than one driver available to GSt in order to reapply a driver. My other card is an SB Live, and there doesn\'t seem to be any problem with it, but it isn\'t GSIF.

Re: Delta 66 GSIF driver

Hi Toni,

this is not actually a reply to you message, but I am interested in buying a Delta.

Are you happy with the card ? (sound, usability).

I´d also like to know, if - as the Delta has GSIF - this card enables you to have more than one AUX-Bus (how many ?), allowing you to add as much reverb to each instrument as you like ?
    Thank you.
    Horst.

Well, besides the problem above, I also seem to get a little noise in the background. This is only when I start GigaStudio and Cakewalk. But this stops as soon as I hit play in my sequencer, so it hasn\'t really been a problem. I get 8 aux busses along with the 32 individual channel busses that all GSIF cards should get. I\'ve only used 1 aux bus and maybe 3 channel busses (around 5 effects total) so far with no problems at all.
    But I\'m also having a problem recording from the SPDIF in inside Cakewalk. I\'m going to try again today.
    Also, I emailed m-audio regarding the problem above and they responded that it was a GigaStudio problem. Maybe the upgrade will help.

==========================================
    I get 8 aux busses along with the 32 individual channel busses that all GSIF cards should get......
    ...But I\'m also having a problem recording from the SPDIF in inside Cakewalk...
    ==========================================

I don\'t have the Delta 66 neither Delta 44 (I guess the diference is SPDIF). I\'m not sure what is problem but the GSIF driver seems to works diffrent than a direct-sound driver in SB-Live.
    If you assigned the Giga 32-output channels to the 8 aux busses. For example Ch1->1,2;CH2->3,4; and so on you will have total of 4 stereo outputs which should be four wave source to cakewalk (wave-rec1~4). Your setup look like this:
    CakewalkMIDI->Giga->GSIF->Cakewalk-audio-Recorder (Is it correct? or?)
    Now from cakewalk you can open the new audio track ready to record (Wave-rec1~4, wave-play1~4, set \"Simultaneous Record/playback). What is the problems? Maybe I don\'t understand correctly how it works? unless you don\'t want to record them to the cakewalk audio streaming? I\'m confuse.
    LHong

I guess I didn\'t make myself very clear. The problem with the SPDIF has nothing to do with GigaStudio or GSIF, it\'s just another problem that I have observed with the card. I get it when I open just Cakewalk and try to record from the SPDIF.
    Recording GigaStudio is done either through the capture or one of your soundcard\'s wave channels, or streams or whatever you want to call them. I haven\'t found any problems there, though I\'ve just used the capture so far.

=========================================
    it\'s just another problem that I have observed with the card. I get it when I open just Cakewalk and try to record from the SPDIF.
    =========================================
    What kind of symtom of SPDIF do you have?
    how do connect it to cakewalk, SPDIF-IN or OUT? (REC, Playback or both). As far as I know, to get the SPDIF to work sometimes is a tricky way! A matter of samplerate with master/slave clock setting such as some of soundcard couldn\'t handle SPDIF looping (SPDIF-IN + SPDIF-OUT) or only works as slave (only) or master (only).
    Good lucks
    LHong

Tony,

thanks for your reply. Just one more question:

When you say \"channel-busses\" - do you mean the \"Inputs\" in DSP-station ?

I´d like to have only one reverb-task running (performace-reasons) but with maybe 3 or 4 different input-levels from various instruments. Can I use the same reverb session on one Aux-Bus and route different send-levels from different input-busses (channel-busses) to it ?

Thanks again
    Horst.

Yes.
    You can have one reverb on an aux bus and have every instrument sent to it, with different levels for each instrument, as long as you don\'t exceed a total of 32 mono instruments, or 16 stereo instruments. So far I\'ve only used it on stereo instruments, in which case you use inputs 1,2 for one, 3,4 for another etc. You just need to put each instrument on a separate input or input pair in the DSP Station, and adjust the send level for that input or input pair.

Go Back to forum