• Register
  • Help

Topic: giga will not start HELP Please !

giga will not start HELP Please !

Had Nuendo 3.2 no issues at all with the system,
    after installing Gigastudio 3.12 latest update. It will scan on start, them giga gives a message about a Nuendo plugin dll that won;t work with giga.

prompt box to OK, Giga closes ?

someone please help me here. I moved the entire VST plug folder out of the Nuendo root and Giga does open.

I need to be able to use Nuendo on this rig and cannot afford a separate GS box now. I was hoping I could get by minimally for a while.

not happening.

suggestions ?

Re: giga will not start HELP Please !

Without launching GigaStudio, launch the "GigaStudio Configuration Manager."

Click on the "Rewire/Plugins" tab.

According to the Giga User's Manual (have you read it?), it says:
    The Configure Plug-ins dialog is helpful for troubleshooting as well as scanning for new plug-ins and viewing their types and capabilities. Click a plug-in to highlight it in the list. Then you can view its capabilities, add it to the blocked plug-ins list, or remove a blocked plug-in. One button enables you to unblock all blocked plug-ins.
    I can't open Giga right now, so I'm not sure where else plug-ins (or start-up options) are dealt with in the "GigaStudio Configuration Manager," but I think there's a way to have Giga block troublesome plug-ins during the program launch.

Good luck,

Re: giga will not start HELP Please !

thanks, that helped.

Go Back to forum