• Register
  • Help

Topic: "March of the Stonebreakers"

"March of the Stonebreakers"

This is a GPO piece I wrote a little while ago, inspired by an open-source MMORPG under development (the five-note oboe motif is a variation on the opening phrase from the game's splash screen music). I would have called it "March of the Dwarfs", but obviously that name was already taken; Stonebreakers are one of the two Dwarfish races in the game. The piece tells a story about the Stonebreakers' arrival and first experiences in the world of the game.

I've bounced back and forth between liking this piece and hating it. Right now I'm in the "liking it" phase, so I figured I'd post it and ask for some commentary.

March of the Stonebreakers: MP3 format (4.7 MB), Ogg Vorbis format (3.8 MB)
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Re: "March of the Stonebreakers"

Nice job on this, Jeff... good work building it all around the five-note motif, but keeping it interesting and moving forward.

I dont know why you would not like this piece, I think it would fit nicely into a games!

Nice work Jeff!

A great theme for a Dwarfish visual.

A nice compositional structure that interplays well with the motif.

Well done!

I really enjoyed this piece! I like how the orchestration slowly builds up, it really helps keep the piece interesting throughout. Very nice work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I am a sucker for bassoon motifs!!!

What I also like very much here is the variability ... always a little surprise! This makes me grin from one ear to the other and feel very good.

Thank you,

Go Back to forum