• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Placing Apple Dock on top of screen

Share/Bookmark

Placing Apple Dock on top of screen

Anyone know of the applet that lets you do this? I read about it in last months Sound on Sound.

To be clear, in Tiger OS X haaving the dock hide/appear from the top, not L?R or the bottom.

Any info appreciated.

Best,
    DLR

Re: Placing Apple Dock on top of screen

It would be cool for those of us endowed with big monitors to be able to put it on the menu bar, wouldn't it. That way it would take up no extra space.

Quote Originally Posted by tobyond

Thanks! Have you tried thsi with an audio app. Namely LAP 7.2 in 10.4.4?

Will try it out later on today, thanks.

Nick, I hope you are well. Despite not having yet received my new mag, I heard about Jesse's article - I told you from the start he was on to some very exciting developments - I'm thrilled you gave him a forum to share his insights. I look forward to it.

Didier

Quote Originally Posted by Didier Rachou
    Thanks! Have you tried thsi with an audio app. Namely LAP 7.2 in 10.4.4?

Didier
    Not wanting to sound unduly stupid but what is LAP 7.2?

Didier, please send me an email (nb@virtualinstrumentsmag.com) so I can put you on the list of sub problems. I assume you've been getting the other issues?

You know the Captain in the Pink Panther movies? Herbert Lom - he twitches whenever Clousseau is mentioned.

Well, I'm starting to get that way about the *#$)(($%@@@!!!!!!!!!!! post office. Even my mom has only received two of the five issues.

Quote Originally Posted by johnamriding
    Not wanting to sound unduly stupid but what is LAP 7.2?
    Logic Audio Pro 7.2?
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    Logic Audio Pro 7.2?
    JP
    Doh, I only have Logic Audio Pro 7.1.1

found an app on version tracker, but it doesn't hide itself at the top, it's always visible.

Nick your idea of incorporating it into the menu bar (as we could do with apps in OS 9) is the way forward.

anyone with other apps????

DR

I've been using 'Dock-it' for 3 years..

You can have a dock at top of screen. There is a hidden mode that makes the dock apear only when you stop your mouse just under the menu bar. So when you throw your mouse to the menu bar the dock won't have time to apear.
    With dock-it you can have multipledocks at every border or corner of your screen.

I've been told ther was a widget with something similar... Haven't tried it..

Please note these are custom docks were you decide content of dock. This operation isn't as fluiD as it would be via the OSX dock !!

Go Back to forum