• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone having problems using S-Converter with Vitous Library

Share/Bookmark

Anyone having problems using S-Converter with Vitous Library

Hi,
    I\'m having real problems trying to get some of the Vitous Library to load with the S-Converter. The Vitous is in Akai format. What happens is the S-Converter will start to convert a bank but it usually stops on the very first screen and hangs my computer where I can\'t even get out. I have to just turn the computer off.
    Other erratic behavior is some of the programs that don\'t crash load INCREDIBLY slowly.
    Then, other programs convert and load fine. It seems to be sort of random, because I have tried to re-convert after re-booting and sometimes I am able to get the Vitous program to convert. It\'s mostly happening on the Solo I and II disks.
    This never happens with my Advanced Orcherstra disks which are also in AKAI format.

If anyone out there has run into this before or knows what might be going on, please let me know. I feel like it must be something with the Vitous disks.

Thanks,
    Mahlon

Re: Anyone having problems using S-Converter with Vitous Library

If you send me the library, I’m be happy to try it on my system ... (heh, heh)

My MV library converted OK except for the layer programs. I have also converted many of these sounds to the SF2 format using CDXtract. The Gigasampler conversions sound pretty good, but I am looking forward to trading in the AKAI set for the native Gigasampler set when it becomes available. There are too many slight variations that will be much better consolidated into a more manageable number of presets I\'m sure.

I will want to trade in my Akai disks as well. Do you know what Vitous is charging for a format switch --Akai to GS?

I\'m not sure why my solo disks aren\'t importing. It just locks up my machine.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

M.

Go Back to forum