• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Bfd or Dfh?

Share/Bookmark

Bfd or Dfh?

Just wondering which one of these 2 hugh Drumkits library is best....i think Bfd....it seems more professional...what do u think? bye

Re: Bfd or Dfh?

How about Scarbee Imperial Drums XL?

for me, definetly bfd,

beautifully realistic sounds as long as you program it properly (eg. change veloicities slighty when hitting consecutively etc.) i program it hit by hit.

i find that even my songs using bfd sound much better than the dfh proffessional samples on the ewql sites (obviously someone who can use bfd better than me, can make it EVEN better)

i used bfd for all these tracks.

and for me you cant hardly tell the difference between bfd and real drums.

in the first and third song i used he slingerland kit (very good for ambint music)

in the second i used the pearl kit. (the fourth is not bfd )

www.myspace.com/illusionsofsilence

DFHS blows BFD out of the water in every way. Period. It simply responds in a more realistic, musical fashion. Check the Soundclick link in my sig for some examples. (BTW, the original DFH on the EW website is an old and very outdated product at this point. I wouldn't use it as a comparison!)

Yes, Fred is correct. DKFH Superior w/ Custom and Vintage add on
    is the best drum sample lib you can buy, bar none.

I have BFD but dont even use it. In fact, i recently took it off my
    computer permanently. No point in having it anymore.
    Sounds like a toy in comparison. The cymbals in BFD are especially bad.

DKFH Superior simply has tons more possiblities and far better overall sound. The mic bleed is
    far more controllable too. The way it renders everything to wav
    with options to split bleed to seperate files, is also unbeatable.

I have people ask me all the time, "where do you track your drums,
    and who's the drummer?"

The clincher is DKFH is cheaper than BFD. So what are you waiting for?
    TK

Before I chose either I would take a good look at XLN's Addictive Drums. To me it is the best blend of realism and user friendliness.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I researched this like mad, and ended up getting ns_kit7 from www.naturalstudio.co.uk

They are extremely well priced and sound amazing! You have to have either kontakt or halion because it doesn't come with its own interface. This library went for articulations rather than having room mics you can adjust and such. The hihats are ridiculous. I would highly recommend.

Is DKFH Superior available for Intel Mac?

Would it work withing Pro Tools 7.3.1?

I have had it for about two years but have never used it. Maybe my new Mac Pro will run it?
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by n8tron
    I researched this like mad, and ended up getting ns_kit7 from www.naturalstudio.co.uk

They are extremely well priced and sound amazing! You have to have either kontakt or halion because it doesn't come with its own interface. This library went for articulations rather than having room mics you can adjust and such. The hihats are ridiculous. I would highly recommend.
    So, you prefer this collection over DFH or DKFHS?

I already have Kontakt 2. I noticed they only have a few of each drums mentioned. The demos are impressive - the cymbals sound great!

It's $116 USD after conversion from GBP. I am trying to decide if it's worth it. I want to use this with my other drum synths (Battery 2 and 3 and Jamstix).

Mike

Being mainly a drummer myself, I back the recommendation for DFH, if you want a huge kit. They are quite real but they also have a mean streak and likes to be hit hard; aggressive high-mid, a hard room ambience and dark trashy cymbals. Not surprisingly, since the drummer is a big time heavy metal guy. DFH also benefits greatly if you know what a drummer does back there.

My recommendation - if you're looking for a drum workhorse and don't mind smaller libs - is Bob Ross Garfield's libs 1 & 2. I use it pretty much for everything all the time. Older lib, but the demos out there does it no justice what so ever. They are not screamy, heavy or blasting. Just very accurate, dry, natural sounding drums and cymbals. Works for everything straight out of the box. It's about the best workhorse I've used so far.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Go Back to forum