• Register
  • Help

Topic: 'Fantasy' by Matthew Sargent

Orcas Island

'Fantasy' by Matthew Sargent

Matthew Sargent has just submitted a new work. Matthew was one of the top ten winners in the GPO Competition last year.

He classifies this work as a fantasy and was inspired by the movie Chronicles of Narnia.

Here is a link to the demo:

This is a very cinematic piece. Excellent melody and development of the theme.

Thanks for sharing this with us Matthew.

Gary Garritan

Re: 'Fantasy' by Matthew Sargent

Great job on this, Matthew!

The broad sweep of the piece, alternating from delicate to majestic and dark to expectant and uplifting... very well conceived and executed. First-rate dramatic writing!

Beautiful work! I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Extremely cinematic and so well conducted. This piece immediately started my imagination engine and never stopped till the last chord. When a piece commands that kind of attention, it's got to be good--and yours is.......a really enjoyable fantasy..........

Great piece, Matthew.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Edinburgh, Scotland

I have to admit outright that I am often rather allergic to much of the contemporary, sometimes cliche-ridden, film-style music (which is quite common on this and other forums and dominates the prize list) and yet for some reason this piece had me hooked at least from about a third of the way through with the haunting quiet central section and then the final tune which I kept playing over and over again.... Maybe my resistance is weakening!

Excellent work Matthew, great themes and orchestration.

The clarinet at around 2:49 was very beautiful.

Thanks for sharing,

Matthew, really nice!!!

I really liked this one, I liked the change of atmosphere in the song.

Very nice work!

You were able to keep interest and a strong flow throughout the entire work.

Well done!

Go Back to forum