• Register
  • Help

Topic: garritan studio problem

Share/Bookmark

garritan studio problem

Hi folks --

I have a new x64 system on which I principally run Cubase with GPO. However, I would also like to use Garritan Studio with Finale 2004b, and here's where the problem is.

I can't install Garritan Studio -- I get "Install Failed -- on driver message DRV_INSTALL"

It does succeed in getting it partially installed; when I try to run it, I get

"Major Application fault! Please send your GarritanStudio.log to support@harps.com"

But I have no file named GarritanStudio.log ...and, to add insult to injury, mail to support@harps.com gets bounced back!

Can someone help, please?

Thanks --

-- Fred Goldrich

Re: garritan studio problem

Hi Fred,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty!

Please see this page for the correct email address to reach Gary,
    as well as telephone and other contact details:

http://www.garritan.com/contact.html

I'm sure he'll get you quickly squared up!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Or if you want to contact him quicker, he should still be in the chat. Just may take him a while to respond...
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Well, when you get your fix, let us know. I am confused a bit about numbers, as nothing seems to match what I have, but my Studio is working fine. Gary is very good at responding to problems, so you ought to be functional very soon.

Richard

Fred,

This is odd. I'll probably need more information before I can tell what the problem is. Could you please email me at gary@garritan.com and I'll do my best to determine the problem and get you up and running ASAP.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, when you get your fix, let us know. I am confused a bit about numbers, as nothing seems to match what I have, but my Studio is working fine. Gary is very good at responding to problems, so you ought to be functional very soon.

Richard
    Well, I got my answer but, I'm afraid, no fix.

Gary tells me that 64-bit MIDI drivers for Garritan Studio have not yet been written, and are not likely to be for several months.

If anyone has any ideas for a workaround, I'd certainly appreciate it.

-- Fred

The best fix for today is to stay with a 32 bit OS until 64 bit is more widely adapted. I know it is not the answer you want to hear, I'm looking forward to 64 bit myself, but it is the route to take to ensure compatability.

-LFO
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you in part. Anyone considering buying a 64-bit system needs to do his or her homework first, as compatibility is an issue.

However, it one is willing to live within the limitations, 64-bit can be a good choice. I made sure before I bought mine that I would be able to use Cubase SX3, GPO, and a handful of other pieces of hardware and software essential for what I do.

Trying to add Finale 2004 was an afterthought. It requires Garritan Studio (AFAIK), which is not 64-bit compatible, and that's a disappointment; but I would not on that basis have ruled out buying a 64-bit system.

I would advise others to make their purchase plans carefully.

-- Fred Goldrich

Go Back to forum