• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Memory Error with K2.1 update

Share/Bookmark

Memory Error with K2.1 update

Hi;

Anybody get a memory error with the new K2.1 update (I use it as a Plugin in Cubase SX2). I just downloaded it today and installed it and then openend one of my previous files and during the process of loading all the instruments I got this memory error box, and clicking the OK just keeps inserting another error box. so I had to do a control alt del and end the task. Once I ended the task this way, my soundcard control panel will not open. So I had to reboot again.

Anybody else experiencing this with the new update.

Re: Memory Error with K2.1 update

Lots of people are experiencing the same error message. For me it's with Tracktion 2. Reported it to NI but no reply from support.

I advice strongly NOT to update to Kontakt 2.1; this is a most annoying bug if you are working (semi)professionally.

cheers,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frankvg
    Lots of people are experiencing the same error message. For me it's with Tracktion 2. Reported it to NI but no reply from support.

I advice strongly NOT to update to Kontakt 2.1; this is a most annoying bug if you are working (semi)professionally.

cheers,
    Frank
    AFAIK from NI forums - the error appears in Cubase SX too....
    I Have SL but I'm still waiting... I'm not gonna waste my time on annoying errors

Quote Originally Posted by frankvg

cheers,
    Frank
    Too Late, I already updated mine. And since my PC is a dedicated DAW, I did all the tweaks, and one of those tweaks was I disable the restore to previous version option in the systems menu. So I cannot go back that easily. I am just hoping that NI will soon find a fix for this. This is insane that NI with such a big update with so much modifications and changes would put more though into what they do. Its not like this error showed up after months of use, I got this error the first time I tried the update.

The way this all sounds I guess it best for me to wait a bit before trying to download, yes? No? Maybe Not?
    Styxx

I'm working in Cubasis 4. I seem to be able to work fine with my old projects, but when I close Cubasis I get a message saying 'Kontakt Memory Error' and I have to use task manager to force Cubasis to close.

For what it is worth, I am using Kontakt 2.1 as a virtual instrument in Cubase SX3. I loaded the updates last Sunday. So far I have had no experience with the "memory error" problem, and everything is now working extremely well. I am definitely getting better memory usage with multiple instruments than before the update. The "performance view" is GREAT. I am very pleased so far. (my initial problems that I reported centered around the fact that I still had the pre update dll's installed. When I deleted the original Kontakt dll and replaced it with the new. .no problems)
    David C. Deal, Ph.D.
    http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=16965
    Pentium 3.0 Ghz, Cubase SX3, Kontact 2, Motu 2488, Korg Trinity, OW1 and "stuff"

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    NI have said there should be a fix 'within the week'.
    Yes, but yesterday they announced that they couldn't repro the error and are still investigating what caused it!

that probably means that it won't be 'within the week'.....

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    I've sent them Cubase files - and they can now replicate the error - we're on the road!

...yea...that was since 10 days. it's a pitty...2.1 is not really usable with that memory corruption bug ...and i would LOVE to use it because of its vast improved cpu-efficiency

I use K2.1 as VST Plugin in Ableton Live, forte & directly in Overture 4.
    No problems at all with the memory bug until now.

:-) Jovan
    the man with the blue guitar

Go Back to forum