Hi, hope you can find time to help an absoloute beginer rebuild his computer. Ive killed my old motherboard and processor but managed to salvage, beg, borrow and steal the following parts to make a music only pc

Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 160GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM
Western Digital Secure Connect Serial ATA Cable
Western Digital Caviar ATA 120 gig hard drive
Matrox G55+MDHA32db Dual Head graphics card (pci) or matrox single head agp card (offered a choice by friend)
M Audio 96/24 audiophile sound card (pci)
Chieftec Tx 10wd case (axt form- aparently same design and dimmensions as new Chieftec Dragon Series Full Tower)
Zalman CNPS9500-AT Aero Flower (Socket 775) CPU Cooler

Im hoping someone can suggest a good processor, board and (2gig )ram combo, someone else suggested

Gigabyte 8N-SLI or
Gigabyte 8I945P-G with Intel Pentium 4 630 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.0GHz (800FSB) plus Corsair 2GB DDR2 Value Select PC4200 Dual Channel Kit.

However after reading some of the posts on this site and others im not so sure about the nvidia chip set in the 8N-SLI. I have about 300 uk pounds to spend can anyone comment or suggest better alterantives? I would really appreciate some advice if you have a spair min.
I use sx3, reason 3 and various instruments and plug ins and thats about it, not planning on buying any fancy high end sound cards any time soon-

praying someone can help me ive been tearing my hair out for 3 weeks now