• Register
  • Help

Topic: Delta 44 up for grabs

Share/Bookmark

Delta 44 up for grabs

I use a dedicated DAW these days so I don't need my Delta 44 anymore. It didn't cost me anything so it goes free to the first interested person.

Need a great sounding audio interface without digital I/O? The Delta 44 offers the same features and high performance as the Delta 66, but is designed for the user who does not require digital I/O. And like its big brother, the Delta 44’s breakout box handles four balanced/unbalanced, +4dBu or -10dBV signal level analog inputs and outputs. You get the same 24-bit/96kHz fidelity, industry-standard driver support and bulletproof operation as is found across the entire Delta family.
    Features
    • 4 x 4 24-bit/96kHz full-duplex audio interface
    • 4 x 4 analog I/O
    • Software controlled 36-bit internal DSP digital mixing/routing
    • Software configurable for +4dBu and -10dBV signal levels
    • Zero-latency monitoring
    • Greatly expandable with Omni i/o
    • Apple G5 compatible
    • Includes Maximum Audio Tools software bundle
    Specs
    • Frequency response: 22Hz-22kHz, -0.3, -0.2dB
    • Dynamic range: 103dB (A-weighted) (D/A)
    • 99dB (A-weighted) (A/D)
    • THD: < 0.002% (D/A)
    • 0.0023% (A/D)
    • Size/weight: 5-1/8” x 7/8” x 5-3/8”; 0.8 lbs.
    36-bit Embedded DSP
    All Delta cards contain a 36-bit embedded DSP enabling a software-driven patchbay/router for all analog and digital I/O—all with extremely fast throughput for low-latency software monitoring. A single unified control panel provides settings for clock and sample rates, buffer sizes, individual signal levels for every input and output, adjustable +4dBu/-10dBV pad conrols and digital I/O control on up to four installed Delta cards. All controls are also easily accessible through most professional audio software applications for seamless integration and operation.

Compatibility
    • ASIO 2
    • MME
    • Sound Manager
    • DirectX
    • GSIF
    • Mac OS X Core Audio / Core MIDI
    Minimum System requirements
    PC
    • Windows 98SE / Me / 2000 (SP4) / XP (SP1)
    • For 96kHz operation: Pentium III 500mHz w/ 128MB RAM
    • For 48kHz operation: Pentium II 400 w/ 64MB RAM
    Mac
    • G3/G4* 500MHz
    • OS 9.2.2, 128MB RAM; OS X 10.1.5, 10.2.6 or greater, 256MB RAM
    • OMS 2.3.8 for MIDI under OS 9.2.2
      * G3/G4 accelerator cards not supported

Re: Delta 44 up for grabs

A very generous offer, sir, and tempting. I do have a SB Audigy 2 ZS in good working condition, though. I guess other people out there need it more than me then. But, as I said, very generous of you.

Tony,

A very generous offer - and I'd be foolish not to stick my hand up and say "YES PLEASE, TONY CAN I HAVE IT"!!!!

If it is still available, I'll send you some beer tokens in exchange.

I've been meaning to upgrade my Audigy for ages.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

All yours Richard, PM me your address and I'll send it off.

Very cool of you, Tony. I'm sure your Good Karma Meter is spinning wildly in a positive direction.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thanks Christoper, I have been fortunate in the past to be able to add to my computer setup at very little cost, getting kit in exchange for work etc. In this particular case, a broadcasting company I was working for went bust and I ended up with loads of computers and sound equipment. The Delta 44 was the very last piece of kit, the rest being given away to good homes. I'd never be any kind of entrapreneur given my attitude.

Karma? Something must be working because over the years and despite often being broke, I've still somehow managed to keep my equipment and software current, due in no small part to the kindness and generosity of others. It's good to be able to pass it on.

If you want to attempt something as grand as 'changing the world' for the better, I believe it has to start with yourself. Education by example is a powerful tool.

Dangit!!

I saw this too late.

Oh Well. Early bird gets the worm.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Tony,

Received safe and sound - and now installed and up and running.

Again, many thanks for your generosity.

Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Early bird gets the worm.
    Eew! Who wants worms? And especially for breakfast!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    due in no small part to the kindness and generosity of others. It's good to be able to pass it on.
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean there.
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum