• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase, Cakewalk, GigaStudio 96 and Wami Rack 24!!

Share/Bookmark

Cubase, Cakewalk, GigaStudio 96 and Wami Rack 24!!

Hey Guys!

I have a terrible problem that I hope some of you can help with! I think I\'ve tried any possible way to fix this problem:

Installing GS96 was a breeze. Everything in the program worked. Especially after installing the 2.01 update! However, when I try to play waves in either Cubase or Cakewalk nothing happens. Nothing whatsoever! In Cakewalk I\'m able to set the output to 5-6 and get sound, but when I set it to outputs 1-2 it\'s all silence. In Cubase I get nothing at all!.. I have even tried to uninstall both Cubase and Cakewalk and reinstalled them afterwards. Same result. The Directsound works in other applications including Sound Forge and Winamp! I have tried selecting another ASIO driver for Cubase(which made it crash constantly saying that it couldn\'t find the Wami Rack output 1-2). I tried deleting every single key I could find in the Registry containing ASIO and Cubase with no luck. I have reinstalled the Wami Rack drivers(1.9 BETA) and even some older ones that are supposed to work. No result!..

What am I doing wrong?.. Please help, I\'m getting totally desperate!

Thanks a zillion!

Thomas Regin

Re: Cubase, Cakewalk, GigaStudio 96 and Wami Rack 24!!

Maybe this\'ll help (posted by Christophe in \'Wamirack:Big Thumbs Up!):

***FINAL UPDATE***
    I got reply mail from EgoSys support today!

> Yes, WaMi Rack 24 is a multi-client support device.
    > However, you have to select between 12,&3,4 and 5,6&7,8.
    > Those outputs are grouped in to two section.
    > If you select Gigasampler output as 1,2 then you should select output 5,6 or 7,8 for
    Cakewalk output.

Basically, WamiRack is a 2 client card.

Also, have you installed the 2.01 patch for Giga?
    It gets over some problems with Logic - maybe similar to Cubase....

Re: Cubase, Cakewalk, GigaStudio 96 and Wami Rack 24!!

This was exactly my problem!!.. And it\'s solved!.. However that leaves me with yet another problem: How to hear sound from outputs 5-6 and 7-8 when you don\'t have a mixer!.. *sigh*

Thank you so much for helping me out!!.. I really appreciate it!!..

Thomas Regin

Go Back to forum