• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to drive Pro Tools lights out?

Share/Bookmark

How to drive Pro Tools lights out?

Does anybody have ideas on how to script a Pro Tools run? For example, I would like to be able to create a script which says: "At midnight, start up Pro Tools, load Session X, and bounce to disk, then exit".

If Pro Tools had an OLE Automation interface (WinX) this would be easy, but there does not seem to be one.

Alternatively, there might be a way do start up Pro Tools from the command line do to this. I _can_ get a session loaded, by running a command line like:
    "C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\ProToolsLE.exe {file-path}Session X.pts"

- but as far as other command-line options I am shooting in the dark.

Help would be appreciated. If the answer is "N*W", then does anybody know of another DAW/Sequencer which can do this?

Thanks,

--Dirk

Re: How to drive Pro Tools lights out?

There was a mini-app that someone built to run over top of Nuendo/Cubase SX in order to do a track-level bounce for a large project. I think they relied somewhat on the ability of the macro functions in the app, but I'm not sure. I think the relative success of that was noticed by some folks at Steinberg. Dunno if it will ever make it into the app as an integral part, but can't imagine it would be that difficult.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: How to drive Pro Tools lights out?

Thanks, Houston. It makes sense that a fairly powerful Macro capability could handle the problem. Short of any other solution, I will take a look at Cubase SX.

Go Back to forum