• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Online class beta

Share/Bookmark

Online class beta

I'm getting ready to release my first class, "Success Through the Art of Human Nature" in both audio CD and online class formats.

Before I add the online version to the store and start charging for it, I thought I'd offer it for free for a few days to those of you here who are interested, to kick the tires on it a bit. It looks pretty solid to me, but I'll feel better about it after a few folks have gone through the class & verified that all works as it should.

[edit]
    Made a lot of changes based on the feedback, so the updated info is in the new "take two" thread here:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=44985
    [/edit]
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Online class beta

I will now exhibit a fundamental aspect
    of human nature: dunderheadedness.

Alas, Chris, I cannot figure out how to
    get into the thing... lol.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I had the same problem

Can't figure out how to get into the class, guess I am late and the door is locked!

Peace

rikp

Look out for the guard dogs.

David
    www.DavidSosowski.com

It's easy, bribe the professor!
    Styxx

It's just Moodle. Typically, I'm guessing that guest access may have been disabled on this. Just click the name of the course on the page, create an account, login, and click the name again, click enroll, enter the key, and you are in!

Note, I have had a good bit of experience with moodle. It's a fun system! Here's the one I set up using Fantastico on my account. http://cjpro.timberwolfmusic.com/moodle/
    Should have done it with standard installation though...better options .
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Moodle.

Well of course it is!

Everybody knows that.

Why, I asked my deceased grandmother Frunhilpa Schlemerberger,
    and she answered back from the grave, "It's Moodle, you twit!"

I still can't get into it.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Took his pet moodle to the vet yesterday...
    had hisself a pedicure.

Thanks, guys - this is exactly the kind of feedback I needed. I clearly need to make the process more intuitive for people. I'll get that updated. For now, here's what you need to do.

Go to
    www.PracticalStrategyConsulting.com/elearning/login/index.php
    and read the instuctions on the right hand side of the page under "Is this your first time here?" This will show you how to create your student profile.

You'll receive an email with a link that you have to click to activate your account.

After you've created the profile and clicked the link in the email you received, go to
    www.PracticalStrategyConsulting.com/elearning
    and click on the Success Through the Art of Human Nature link under the Available Courses section on the bottom of the page. This should take you to a login page. Login using the information from the account you just created.

Next, you'll be taken to a page and prompted for the Enrollment Key for this class. Enter AHN-Beta. You'll only have to do this once.

You'll now be able to enter the class.

After writing all this up, I can see that it's not at all obvious, so I'll be putting some work into simplifying the process. Anyway, give it a try and let me know what you think. And thanks for the feedback!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Very Good. Thank you!

I really can't think of anything I'd change in the content.
    I found myself putting myself in the shoes of my imaginary co-workers.

Possibly, ( from a very subjective point of view ) I'd consider changing the font and background for slightly easier reading.

It's a bit harder for me ( and I've heard that it is for others also ) reading light text on darker backgrounds.

Most common is as we see it here, in the forum, black on white or even the slight cream color to soften a bit, and I preffer verdana for it's solid conscise edge.

I've updated all the resources to the standard black on white now, hopefully this will be a bit easier on the eyes for everyone. Thanks!
    Christopher Duncan
    Author of
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum