• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's that time of year again...

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation It's that time of year again...

Remember this post?
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34550

Well, that's how I feel NOW!!!
    I can't sleep and I have a test, two quizzes, and a three-period band rehersal that takes away my lunch tomrrow!! AND I CAN'T SLEEP!!!!
    Stupid lilac allergies...

I've taken cough medicine, I'm sucking on a cough drop, and I have two freakin' air cleaners running. AND I HATE IT!!!!

Must ... find ... clean ... air ... !!!
    -Chris

Re: It's that time of year again...

Hi Chris.

Sorry that you're suffering. The only thing that I can recommend is drink hot liquids. Coffee is my favorite, but hot tea, hot water with lemon or just plain hot water will help the breathing. I have asthma and allergies and the hot liquids help me most of the time. I don't remember where you live, but if you can get more humidity, that may help too. Although, Colorado has NO humidity, so depending on the levels where you are, that may not be a great suggestion. A nice long HOT shower might help anyway. Hope that these suggestions help. They're how I cope.

Steph

Chris,

I'm essentially allergic to all life forms. Or at least it feels that way in the spring. Best stuff I've ever found is Claritin, although I take the cheaper generic version called by the drug name, Loratadine. You can get it at any grocery store. One pill a day, and it works wonders.

I've heard from a close friend that a nasal spray called Nasal Crom is also quite good. Unlike Loratadine, however, he says this takes 4 or 5 days to really kick in.

Hope this helps, man. Not being able to breath is no fun.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Remember this post?
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=34550

Well, that's how I feel NOW!!!
    I can't sleep and I have a test, two quizzes, and a three-period band rehersal that takes away my lunch tomrrow!! AND I CAN'T SLEEP!!!!
    Stupid lilac allergies...

I've taken cough medicine, I'm sucking on a cough drop, and I have two freakin' air cleaners running. AND I HATE IT!!!!

Must ... find ... clean ... air ... !!!
    -Chris
    Well, stay away from Redwood Trees!!

Richard

Thanks,
    I'll look into the Claritin. I used to take it but it never seemed to work. But that was a while ago and things change. Now I take Zyrtec which seems to clear up my head for the most part, but doesn't help my breathing. Actually, the Zyrtec helps with everything but my Lilac allergy. I was fine untill they bloomed and now I'm congested, coughing, and can't breathe. That's weird....
    I'll also start taking longer warm showers. Sounds like a good idea, and I've always liked lemon tea, so I'll give that a shot too.

Thanks for your suggestions! I am now slightly more sane than I was last night or when I made that other post.
    -Chris

Talking Re: It's that time of year again...

Now class let's begin with our breathing exercise.
    AND! One, and two ... andoneandtwoandthree, AND, oneandtwoandoneandtwoandthreeandfour! Four more! And oneandtwoandoneandtwoandthreeandfour(huff) Five more! Andone(puff)andtwoand(huffpuff)and oneandtwoandthree(weezehuffpuff)andfourandfiveand SIX MORE! (Huff,weeze, puff)andoneandtwoandthreeand, Michael you're falling behind! (huff, weeze, drop inhaler, fall to floor, grasping for air!) andoneandtwoand WHERE'S MICHAEL?! andthreeandfourand OK CLASS TAKE FIVE! Someone pick him up and give him some water. (Puff,huff,weeze,gasp,fall,swear,slap floor, cough, inhaler several thousand times)

Just spent $25.00 in one inhaler yesterday. Asthma has retoined! Oh look Moe! Nuk nuk nuk nuk! Why you puttonhead!
    Styxx

Talking Re: It's that time of year again...

I just picked up another inhaler, "Flovent." A steroid from what I am told. Now I can have that Arnold Schwarzenegger throat sound I always wanted!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum