• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Well, Whoopee!

Share/Bookmark

Well, Whoopee!

Just a few minutes ago, I sat at my piano and played a bit of Mozart, and the so-called minute waltz, quite nearly perfectly. First time in ages I have been able to play decently, without blushing. I have had some miserable times lately with pain and stiffness, and today I tried a new medication, which my doctor did not expect to work, but it did, and the pain diminished very rapidly. I am amazed, and for the first time that I can remember, hardly any pain. My hands had been working okay, but my shoulders hurt too much to suppoort my arms. Now, all is well, the medication seems to have killed the pain without killing me (so far!). So now I can get cracking again on my music. I have not done much for a while because of the problem, but now, it is full steam ahead! If the relief continues, I am going to be hell on wheels for a while! To top off the deal, the relief has not come at the expense of making me muddle headed or groggy, and I feel finally alert as I should feel!

Well, that was a bit of a ramble, but I feel so good I had to say so! Now on to my music!

Richard

Re: Well, Whoopee!

That's excellent news!

Chronic pain is not an easy thing to live with
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

This is wonderful news, Richard!

Good luck.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Da mihi sis crustum Etruscum cum omnibus in eo

Well, I would prefer a chocolate eclair with whipped cream, toppped with peanut butter. And a cup of fresh French Roast Coffee.

Richard

Richard, Nice to hear you so perky and happy on this wonderful sunny marning! What was the medication the doc prescribed for you? Pain is no stranger to these overworked hands. Is this something one can get over the counter at the local Apothecary or does one need a Doctors script, handshake, and an enormous bill?
    Apothecary – I just love that word?
    Excuse me sir, but would you be happen to be having a walk to the local Apothecary? Why, yes … indeed I would. Why do you ask?
    Oh, nothing important … just would like to tag a long if you don’t mind and browse the local Apothecary for Apothe’s if they cary?
    What eva!
    Styxx

Richard, I'm happy for you!

I know you have RA, but what medication is this that your doctor prescribed? I have been doing great on Methotrexate and Arava.

I assume you go to a Rheumatologist, and not just a regular doctor?
    Dan

Well, the med is prescription, and basically, what it did was relieve the muscular component of the problem, and some of the joint problem. That was sufficient improvement that I was able to play an hour of Mozart, Bach and Chopin last night around midnight.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, the med is prescription, and basically, what it did was relieve the muscular component of the problem, and some of the joint problem. That was sufficient improvement that I was able to play an hour of Mozart, Bach and Chopin last night around midnight.

Richard
    Yeah well next time we want tickets!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, the med is prescription,
    Richard
    what is the name of the prescribed medication?

It begins to tell round midnight, round midnight

Dan

Richard:

Glad you are feeling well and that the Doc finally got the right fix for you. Don't forget, when we go to doctors, they try their best but it is still called, "A Medical Practice."

Yeah, Styxx was right--we need tickets......Play on
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum