• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius GPO and Cubase

Share/Bookmark

Angry Sibelius GPO and Cubase

Hey all,

I've been using Sibelius GPO for a while now, and it works nicely. But it seems that when I go into Cubase to use my original GPO, nothing works. It lists the PersonalOrchestraVST as "unloadable". I tried copying the .nks files back to their original locations, and it didn't help.

Not to mention that when I load up the GPO studio, all the presets are replaced with the Sibelius presets (and they're numbered, not named!)

Anyone know a fix for this? Does the Sibelius GPO crossgrade completely hijack the original GPO install and make it useless in anything except Sibelius??? I'll be very unhappy if that's the case...

Thanks!

Re: Sibelius GPO and Cubase

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley
    Hey all,

I've been using Sibelius GPO for a while now, and it works nicely. But it seems that when I go into Cubase to use my original GPO, nothing works. It lists the PersonalOrchestraVST as "unloadable". I tried copying the .nks files back to their original locations, and it didn't help.

Not to mention that when I load up the GPO studio, all the presets are replaced with the Sibelius presets (and they're numbered, not named!)

Anyone know a fix for this? Does the Sibelius GPO crossgrade completely hijack the original GPO install and make it useless in anything except Sibelius??? I'll be very unhappy if that's the case...

Thanks!
    Try the following: find the original PersonalOrchestraVST.dll in your GPO intallation folder (best is the version upgraded to GPO Studio 1.2. Easy to find as it has about 11-someting MB). Copy it to appropriate "VST plugins" folder in Cubase (you may have more than one, so for good beginning copy it to all of them and then gradually remove until the one required) and start Cubase. It should show in VTS instruments.
    witold

Thanks witold. But actually, I tried that already . PersonalOrchestraVST.dll was already in my Vstplugins folder.

What I did do, though, is reinstalled GPO (just the VST plugin, not the libraries), and now it works fine. ??? So go figure....Sibelius seems to mess with the GPO registry keys, even though it also makes its own Sibelius GPO keys, and I think reinstalling might have put the plain GPO ones back to normal. Err, that's my theory anyway...

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Smiley
    Thanks witold. But actually, I tried that already . PersonalOrchestraVST.dll was already in my Vstplugins folder.

What I did do, though, is reinstalled GPO (just the VST plugin, not the libraries), and now it works fine. ??? So go figure....Sibelius seems to mess with the GPO registry keys, even though it also makes its own Sibelius GPO keys, and I think reinstalling might have put the plain GPO ones back to normal. Err, that's my theory anyway...

Guy
    If you are right it is worse than I thought. I have been recently through some missing-logic issues with Sibelius, and, as you can expect, I did not win. Once you paid, you are less important.
    Witold

Go Back to forum