• Register
  • Help

Topic: K2 release trigger problem.

Share/Bookmark

K2 release trigger problem.

wondering about a certain release trigger issue im having,
    A problem with the releses triggers revealed itself...and im hoping someone knows a workaround?

The issue is this:
    Whenever i change a patch with a keyswitch, the release triggers from the following patch is triggered, not from the previous one?

So this means if i play the "ahhh choirs", and keyswitch to the "ehh choirs", at the end of tha "ahhh" note, the "ehhh" release triggers are played, not the "ahh" ones.

This is due to the note off message occuring after the keyswitch, which is neccessary to get smooth legato note transitions, but when programming phrases and words, constantly having wrong release triggers is messing up everything, i constantly have ahhs and oohhs triggered the wrong places!

One solution is to turn of the release triggers, but then i loose the natural reverb of the sounds.

There must be a way to program K2 , so that the release triggers ignore keyswitching while a note is held?
    Or that they always follow the right sound, no matter what the keyswitching does?

Re: K2 release trigger problem.

there must be a way to programm K2 , so that the release triggers ignore keyswitching while a note is held?
    or that they always follow the right sound, no matter what the keyswitching does?
    Yeah don't we wish! K2's implementation of release triggered samples is full of problems. I won't elaborate on it here, but you can do a search of both this forum and NI's forum and you'll find all kinds of fodder on the subject.

The only way right now to 'workaround' these problems is by disabling K2's handling of the RTs and writing a script to take over the function. And, even this is not without its undesireable side effects.

One other suggestion that I can make is if you need to disable or delete the release groups and you're working with a library that was recorded with a lot of reverb (like the EW stuff), you may be able to restore a little of the lost room tail by extending the release segament of the AHDSR for the normal groups. This same problem has come up concerning the use of SIPS with 'wet' samples and the debate still rages on.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

God Bless,

Bob
    Big Bob (aka Wonderful Bob)

Go Back to forum